Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
You know sparks, maybe a little quality one-on-one father-in-law/son-in-law time is in order for Puck and your dad. An alllll day fishing trip or something......

If only you know how ironic this idea is. Lol. The man is a "fisherman". Bullshit stories and all. Lol.

Still, I would do it in a heartbeat to give Tanya a break.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Thanks everyone. Its comfOrting to know that others feel my pain lol

He got here yesterday morning and leaves wednesday morning.

I can handle it, I am used to him but how much he is irritating hannah is the most bothersome to me. Like, why is it funny to make a 4 year old upset by saying you are going to eat all her easter candy? And she has such a good heart, she keeps saying "we can share it" lol and when we went to the easter egg hunt this afternoon the first thing she said after it was over was "can I share some chocolate with daddy and grandpa". God I love that kid

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Thanks everyone. Its comfOrting to know that others feel my pain lol

He got here yesterday morning and leaves wednesday morning.

I can handle it, I am used to him but how much he is irritating hannah is the most bothersome to me. Like, why is it funny to make a 4 year old upset by saying you are going to eat all her easter candy? And she has such a good heart, she keeps saying "we can share it"
Awww, what a sweetheart!

At the very least you can appreciate what a good little munchkin you are raising!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Can Hannah understand if you say that Grampa isn't really going to take her candy, that he's being silly and joking and she should say, "Oh Grampa, you're such a silly goose." Would she get the "humor?" I forget how old she is exactly. Yeah, that sounds very annoying. Is he able to sit down and have a heart to heart with you while you explain that Hanna is too young to find his teasing fun or funny and that you think it's too much for her. Or is he still just going to be barreling along in his own way no matter what. Otherwise, yeah...you will need strength to get through these next days. Maybe you and Hannah can go do some "errands" that take all day. lol. That is so cute and sweet what she said. That's what I love about little kids that age...they're just so pure and dear.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

She gets that its a joke but he takes it too far. One time is funny but then he says it again and again and again and again until she is upset or I tell him to knock it off. Then ten minutes later he starts it again with something else like "oh well guess you have to go to bed". She will laugh... She gets its a joke at first but then he keeps on it and on it and on it until everyone is ready to choke him lol. Like tonight he kept taking something she had and puttig it in his pocket saying he was going to take it home. She played along until it got past the point of being funny to her and was just making her sad and she just said "please grandpa can I have it back" in the saddest little voice and he then stopped an gave it back to her but seriously this happened DOZENS of times today.

He is very hard to have a serious conversation with. He doesn't ever want to be serious about anything and he just keeps on with the way he is.

The older he gets the worse it gets. I don't know why that is

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

Oh wow! Okay, I'm sensing this is not joking around. That sounds like genuine bullying. That's going way too far....sadistic. I think I'd have to tell him next time he'll have to stay in a motel and have limited interactions with Hannah. I'm afraid too much of that sh** could have lasting and detrimental effects, don't you? Even if he is your father, duty to respect can only go so far. When your child is endanger, whether it's physical or emotional, I think I'd tend to put my child first. Did he do that to you Sparks, when you were little?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
You know sparks, maybe a little quality one-on-one father-in-law/son-in-law time is in order for Puck and your dad. An alllll day fishing trip or something......
Actually, this is a really good idea. Take your cell phone with you. When Sparks calls and tells you Hannah is fast asleep, you can pack up Grandpa and trudge on home. "Ok....she's asleep Grandpa, safe to take you back now."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Oh wow! Okay, I'm sensing this is not joking around. That sounds like genuine bullying. That's going way too far....sadistic. I think I'd have to tell him next time he'll have to stay in a motel and have limited interactions with Hannah. I'm afraid too much of that sh** could have lasting and detrimental effects, don't you? Even if he is your father, duty to respect can only go so far. When your child is endanger, whether it's physical or emotional, I think I'd tend to put my child first. Did he do that to you Sparks, when you were little?
Well we only see him about 2 weeks each year so I am not too worried about the lasting effects since we see him so little.

I honestly don't remember him being like this. Its only in the last few years that I have really noticed it. More so since his father died a year and a half ago. He has gotten worse since then. I think i posted after his last trip about how worried i was about him and his health, both mental and physical

I honestly don't recall him being like this. I mean, we have always been a very jokey, poke fun at each other family but this is different. He's changed... A LOT

Brian even texted me tonight and said "does he ever say anything nice to you?" and really i can't think of anything recently but I remember in school and even a few years ago he was always a cheerleader for me. He would
Come to all my wrestling matches and cheer me on and encourage me in everything. This isn't right... This isn't the man I grew up with

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Super-Genius

At this point, he is just annoying. A programmed robot if you will. He does not realize how damaging or biased he is. Typical xenophobe he is.

If it ever crosses the line of being purposefully mean, we will cross that bridge as the Lord deals it to us.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Are you dead yet?

Some people are so frustrating around kids. "Be quiet, be quiet, be quiet". My dad was that way when I was growing up, and while I understand some people like quiet, at some point it does get incredibly frustrating for kids. Especially when they can't go outside to get all the noise-making out of their system.

Good luck with your dad, Tanya.