Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

That depends... Simply disagreeing with someones life is not bullying. Harrassing them is. Telling joe one time that sally thinks he is wrong is not bullying or if it comes up in conversation. Trying to affect joe's life negatively is

Should the government do civil unions for everyone? Yes. Should churches have to marry Everyone? No

People will always suck and will always be mean but I think there is a difference between true bullying and just being an asshat. I think bullying comes in when its a repetetive behavior and they just won't let up

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
That depends... Simply disagreeing with someones life is not bullying. Harrassing them is. Telling joe one time that sally thinks he is wrong is not bullying or if it comes up in conversation. Trying to affect joe's life negatively is

Should the government do civil unions for everyone? Yes. Should churches have to marry Everyone? No

People will always suck and will always be mean but I think there is a difference between true bullying and just being an asshat. I think bullying comes in when its a repetetive behavior and they just won't let up
^This!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:06 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Minority or not, the fact that legislators are responding and agreeing is enough to irritate me. The numbers don't matter, what matters is that the kids are suffering because of it and the bullies now have a LAW to back them up! All they have to do is claim religion and they can get off, to a point, and that shouldn't be allowed.

That is just absurd. I don't care what you believe in, that doesn't mean you get to pick on other people and use your beliefs as a crutch to do so. Sod off with that crap.

My Polyvore
Old 04-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Thats why I said that I think the worst part is the politicians who are so easily bought off

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Fishies!

Quote:
Thats why I said that I think the worst part is the politicians who are so easily bought off
Why do you think they have to buy off the politicians? Plenty of them would do this all on their own given half a chance.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
Why do you think they have to buy off the politicians? Plenty of them would do this all on their own given half a chance.
Oy vey... Bought off/easilly swayed/easily threatened/insert any number of reasons a politician would do something unpopular

Yes I am sure many would do something like this on their own If they could but they are so easily pressured, especially during an election year

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Should churches have to marry everyone? NO, of course not. NO one is saying they should. Churches can already pick and choose who they marry as that is their right. HOWEVER, churches do NOT own the rights to marriage. Marriage is not exclusive to churches. I am MARRIED to my husband, not "civilly unioned" to him and there is no church involved.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Felurian

I don't think bullying has to be repetitive to be bullying. To me it is tormenting, harassing, physically or emotionally assaulting someone you are fairly sure can't retaliate for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Should churches have to marry everyone? NO, of course not. NO one is saying they should. Churches can already pick and choose who they marry as that is their right. HOWEVER, churches do NOT own the rights to marriage. Marriage is not exclusive to churches. I am MARRIED to my husband, not "civilly unioned" to him and there is no church involved.
Very true. Marriage predates Christianity by a long time, and Judaism as well.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Well... Whatever. I think everyone should have access to the rights whether its marriage, common law, civil union, whatever. They should be able to be with their partner in te hospital etc etc

But then I think the government should be put of the business of marrige all together

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

But then I think the government should be put of the business of marrige all together
Why? Marriage is the contract that gives us those rights. Why do we need a new term just because the church is not affiliated with it?

I am seriously not trying to be snarky at all. I just dont understand this line of thinking. Marriage has pretty much always been a contract recognized by "government" of some type or another. Why because gays want to now get married (and have had the right before throughout history) should the term have to change? Why should government have to "get out of marriage business"?

I dont know, IMO if the people who dont want their marriage to be called the same as gay marriages (and I am NOT saying anyone here feels this way, but I have heard this argument) then they can get a civil union or pick a new word.