Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
MinPinOwner's Avatar
MinPinOwner MinPinOwner is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 500
Default Your favorite dog related movies?

Your favorite dog related movies?

Some dog movies I've liked.

Eight Below
Fox and the Hound
Lassie (1994)
My Dog Skip (Sad story)
Iron Will
Marley and Me
Fluke (Great movie you don't hear about often - very sad as well)
White Fang
Homeward Bound I and II
__________________
Old people always poke me at weddings and say you're next. So, I started doing the same to them at funerals.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Tortilla's Avatar
Tortilla Tortilla is offline
Blonde Raccoon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,598
Default

Definitely, definitely Lassie.
__________________



Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2012, 08:46 AM
MicksMom's Avatar
MicksMom MicksMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warren Co, NJ
Posts: 3,688
Default

Oh, Eight Below was great. So was Snow Dogs. I have to say, tho, my all time favorite dog movie was The Doberman Gang. I don't know if it was ever in the theaters, tho. I watched it as a late night movie on TV when I was about 12.
__________________
My Labrador Retriever is Smarter Than the President
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 AM
ACooper's Avatar
ACooper ACooper is offline
<--------Orson
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: IN
Posts: 27,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
Oh, Eight Below was great. So was Snow Dogs. I have to say, tho, my all time favorite dog movie was The Doberman Gang. I don't know if it was ever in the theaters, tho. I watched it as a late night movie on TV when I was about 12.
That is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw this thread.........then I thought, no, it is too 70's style cheezy! Then I thought YES, that is what makes it awesome! ROFL! What's not to love about a gang of dobermans trained to rob a bank? I actually have it on DVD

I have to say though, my all time favorite dog movie was the original Incredible Journey. Even now, after all these years, it can STILL make me laugh, cry, get angry.........

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2012, 02:42 PM
MicksMom's Avatar
MicksMom MicksMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warren Co, NJ
Posts: 3,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
That is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw this thread.........then I thought, no, it is too 70's style cheezy! Then I thought YES, that is what makes it awesome! ROFL! What's not to love about a gang of dobermans trained to rob a bank...
Yeah, typical cheesy '70s movie. What I took away from it, even at 12 years old, was how intellegent Dobermans had to be to be taught what to do all that. I've loved Dobes ever since, and would love to have one some day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
...I actually have it on DVD ...
Hmm, guess what I'm going to try to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
...
I have to say though, my all time favorite dog movie was the original Incredible Journey...
This is too weird- I almost mentioned The Incredible Journey. Saw that on TV, too.
__________________
My Labrador Retriever is Smarter Than the President
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Toller_08's Avatar
Toller_08 Toller_08 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,195
Default

I've never seen the Doberman Gang. I've heard of it, though. I remember there was this one movie I watched just once with a Great Dane and a pack of mischevious Dachshunds. I have no idea what it's called though and so I've never seen it again. I really liked it as a kid though, probably just because we had Dachshunds.

I also liked Lassie (can't remember what year the one I like was made though), Homeward Bound, Fluke, Beethoven one and two, 101 Dalmatians (all of them), Eight Below, Snow Dogs... and probably a lot more! I've probably seen almost all the dog related movies that have some out in the last 25 or so years.
__________________


Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM
thehoundgirl's Avatar
thehoundgirl thehoundgirl is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Beautiful Northwest
Posts: 2,170
Default

Bingo
Homeward Bound 1 & 2 (Chance & Sassy crack me up and I love Shadow!)
The Fox and the Hound
Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog
Turner & Hooch
All Dogs Go To Heaven
A Dog of Flanders
Fluke
Lassie (1994 one)
Beethoven, all of them but I like 1 & 2 the best!
Lady & The Tramp
101 Dalmatians, animated and the live ones.
Eight Below
White Fang
Iron Will
Shiloh
Air Bud
All of the Buddies movies.
Because of Winn Dixie
Marmaduke
Underdog
Zeus & Roxanne
My Dog Skip
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Rollin' with my bitches
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I remember there was this one movie I watched just once with a Great Dane and a pack of mischevious Dachshunds. I have no idea what it's called though and so I've never seen it again. I really liked it as a kid though, probably just because we had Dachshunds.
I've seen it!!! I don't remember what it's called either but it's an old movie, right? And like the Dane's dam didn't have enough milk, or something, so he was raised by Dachshunds!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Brattina88 Brattina88 is offline
treehugging clicker freak
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OH
Posts: 12,837
Default

The Ugly Daschund one of my favs! 1966

I like just about all that's been listed... I'm trying to think of the name of the movie with Jim Belushi... with the GSD Jerry Lee
__________________

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Toller_08's Avatar
Toller_08 Toller_08 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I've seen it!!! I don't remember what it's called either but it's an old movie, right? And like the Dane's dam didn't have enough milk, or something, so he was raised by Dachshunds!
Yeah, something like that! I can't remember why he ended up with the Dachshunds, but he was always getting in trouble for things they did. I know I watched it in the 90's sometime, so it was either made in the 90's or maybe even the 80's or earlier.
__________________


Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site