Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-07-2012, 12:53 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Chloe loves puppies. Any small, baby animal she just adores, especially kittens. When we're out in public, the only dogs she ever allows in her bubble without snarking at them are little bitty puppies. The smaller/younger the puppy is, the more she loves it.

However, she is hit and miss with older puppies (she wanted absolutely nothing to do with Cora, who was around six months when we brought her home) and now that she is getting "older" (she just turned five) she really isn't as dog-playful as she used to be and dogs that constantly want to play/won't leave her alone get snarked at.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:39 PM
such sights to show you

Pip has very little tolerance for puppy shenanigans. He doesn't despise them on sight, but he does not have much patience for exuberance or rudeness and is very quick to correct - and once that line is crossed it's game over, don't come back near me.

Squash of course adores puppies, as does Maisy.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Top Dog

All of mine love puppies! Well, they love all other dogs, doesn't matter their age. I'm really lucky with them, they're all very tolerant and great puppy raisers.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:13 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Maddie no longer tolerates puppies much, to be honest. She loves well behaved puppies, but doesn't like rude or pushy behavior, and is quick to correct if they are in her face (eg. nipping, tugging on ears, stealing from right out of her mouth, etc lol). With that being said she will be protective if another dog is picking on a pup. yea she's strange

Bailey is going through a "OMG I LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!!" phase oy.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Top Dog

Grace loves puppies. Loves playing, loves snuggling, just loves pups. She is one of those dogs that will not correct a pup. Have not seen her do it yet. So she is not a dog to teach puppies manners, but she is very gentle so may be a good dog to introduce a shy puppy too. She doesn't go too fast and her playing is very, very gentle. She doesn't go so well with rude/exuberant puppies because she will not tell them off, she'll take everything they throw at her and I've seen some fairly bratty puppies. Of course, that's where the humans step in lol.

Abby I have never let near a puppy. I'm scared that she'll ruin an impressionable young puppy.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Macky hates them. Hates them, hates them, hates them.

When I got Keeva she refused to be in the same room with the little hell spawn for almost a month. When Traveler was 9 wks he accidentally bumped into her and she pretended to eat his head, but it's all noise with her.

Keeva, well... she still is a puppy, so yes, she likes puppies.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Are you dead yet?

Nope Eve hates puppies as much as she hates adult dogs.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:31 PM
All For The Pit Bulls

Nellie likes to baby things, so she really enjoys puppies and wont bat an eye at anything annoying they do, shes probably even a little annoying to them always licking them. Aija likes mostly anything, and just tries to play and lets them be puppies. Beagle doesn't care about anyone or anything unless its food, so she might care about a puppy if it was covered in bacon or something.

Jack, missing you every day since 12/6/11
Beagle, run free with Jack little friend, 4/9/12
Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

I often joke at work that I should be allowed to bring Smalls in so she can correct the over exuberant or mouthy pups. She's very good at doling out corrections without going too far, and does enjoy playing with pups. Magpie, Jack, and Shambles are all just fine. Jonas does not tolerate shenanigans period.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Blue_Dog

Sam hasn't had the chance to meet many puppies, most people keep their puppies a little too close and don't let them socialize much. :/ But the few he has played with he didn't get bothered by, he usually tries to play with them if they're willing.

The only time he acted different around a puppy was a small pup of some kind (I don't recall what breed) who was nervous of other dogs. Sam tried to walk up and say hi but she hid behind her owner's legs so he laid down of his own volition and let her approach him and sniff him all over before he got up and sniffed her quickly. She was a little quicker to say hi to the next dog in the park too. Proud moment there, hehe.