Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you want a kid/kids?
Yes! I really, really want kids NOW! 5 4.20%
Yes, I want kids 20 16.81%
I kind of sort of want kids 8 6.72%
My spouse wants kids, so I will have them to appease them 2 1.68%
I am undecided, but leaning towards no 16 13.45%
I am undecided, but leaning towards yes 12 10.08%
No way do I want kids! NEVER! 30 25.21%
I already have kids 22 18.49%
Chicken Fried Rice 4 3.36%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I'm not sure, but I do know for sure that I want chicken fried rice.

Sometimes I think I want kids, sometimes I think I don't. I already told Adam that if we have kids, I'm crate training them.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
My parents waited until they were 36 and 37 to have kids, had my sister and myself, and then my mom's tubes were tied. They got married when they were 18 and 19--it is possible.
Cool, I like hearing stories like this. This will be my situation if/when I decide to have kids except we got married at 21.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I do NOT want to be pregnant, and I do NOT want to go through the whole birthing process, but if the oppertunity ever came around to adopt an older child I would do that..

I've always been the strange one that WOULD want a "ready-made" family (the OH has a son from a previous relationship) and if our relationship moves to that level then that is something that I would be ready to deal with in whatever role (his son has a mother so definitely not that) that he would want me to be...
Old 04-06-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm All Ears

Completely undecided. I'm also very unsure if I even can have children since I have so many hormonal problems/PCOS. The doctor last week was telling me how hard having kids might be for me and my response was pretty apathetic. I'm not sure if that's telling or not...

So as of now- dunno. I voted unsure but leaning towards yes. But really, I'm just 100% unsure.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

That's interesting how everyone is so different in this way. I wanted a baby/kid since I was a kid. I loved babysitting and have always found infants so appealing. And I think the 3 or 4 year old age was the best. They're so inquisitive, willing and agreeable at that age.

Then around 19, I really got that instinct thing going. Something came welling up from my innermost core. It was a compulsive-like feeling. I wanted babies sooooo badly, I could hardly stand it. I'm very child-like myself and find children very interesting, fun and endearing. (when they're endearing type children.) LOL. Granted, there are many who are not appealing to me at all and some who are down-right annoying. But over all, I really do like kids and am thankful I was blessed with two great children.

My daughter is now 32 and we have the best relationship...so close, we are best friends as well as mother and daughter. My son and I are close too, but of course, my daughter and I are closer in that we do girl things together and can relate so well to each other. I loved the whole baby thing, even with the hard times. The teenagehood, I could have done without. LOL. NO....not entirely. Even then, there were great times and they were amusing, I must say.

So, I can't answer in the present tense because of course, I'm way too old to have more kids and I most definitely wouldn't want them now. Even a puppy might be trying for me. But I'm still enjoying my all grown up kids. I kind of wish they'd have kids so I could be a gramma. But alas....so far, not looking promising.

So do I want kids now? Not any new ones unless they're grandchildren. But I would like fried chicken without the rice.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
For what it's worth I really like kids. A lot. I just don't have any desire to have ones of my own so far. I think I'll make a really amazing aunt

Not ruling out having my own but since my answer has been "not today" for the last decade, chances are it will be the same tomorrow
I LOVE the aunt gig. It's tons of fun. In fact my nieces are coming over tonight and I can't wait.

I do like kids, but I don't know if I want a kid.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Top Dog

I don't want babies, but I do want kids. If adopting is viable I'd totally do some of that (and fostering). And perhaps I'll have some progeny of my own, but that's not really important.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Squishy face

I voted NO, NEVER!! Lol I am not the mothering type. I like my independence, and my quiet way too much. I like to visit my friend and her three children, but I'm always very happy that I know that I get to leave eventually and go back to my quiet place. I love my friend's 9 month old, she's so cute! Its fun to go over and see what she's learned to do since the last time I was there, first the sitting up, then the crawling, and now the pulling herself up on the couch into a standing position, and soon she'll be walking! I don't want the responsibility of raising another human being, but its fun to watch others do it.

That said I'm a pretty good babysitter (potty-trained kids only, lol) and kids like me, I think because I would just walk in the house and say, "ok, what do you want to do?" and we go play with toys/games/cards/outside, whatever they like. I think its funny that they NEVER choose TV or video games. Most of all, they just want to spend time with you, interacting with you, not stare at a box.

I think I'd be a good aunt. My sister will probably have at least one kid someday, but she's still only 24, not yet married, and still just having fun and going to school to be an occupational therapist. She wants to get her career going and enjoy the single life a little longer before having a kid.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I'm not sure, but I do know for sure that I want chicken fried rice.

Sometimes I think I want kids, sometimes I think I don't. I already told Adam that if we have kids, I'm crate training them.

Too funny! Good idea though.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 PM
orange iguanas.

I don't know. I really normally don't like kids. Like, I strongly dislike them. But I like my nieces and nephews so that leads me to believe I'd like my own spawn lol.

Who knows! I have a million more years to decide.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013