Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you want a kid/kids?
Yes! I really, really want kids NOW! 5 4.20%
Yes, I want kids 20 16.81%
I kind of sort of want kids 8 6.72%
My spouse wants kids, so I will have them to appease them 2 1.68%
I am undecided, but leaning towards no 16 13.45%
I am undecided, but leaning towards yes 12 10.08%
No way do I want kids! NEVER! 30 25.21%
I already have kids 22 18.49%
Chicken Fried Rice 4 3.36%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

I don't think I'll ever want kids, and my boyfriend doesn't. Yay agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

My sister is 33 and she wants kids and I don't think it's going to happen. She wanted like a menagerie when she was younger (FIVE TO SEVEN KIDS)... these days I think she'll be lucky to have one. Her husband doesn't seem to think they can afford to have a kid so I guess has put the kibosh on it. I think by the time he thinks they are "ready" it will be really hard for them to get pregnant. =/

My poor mom, she wants grandkids more than anything. I told her I could get another puppy and she glared at me LOL. but I COULD get another puppy...
My parents waited until they were 36 and 37 to have kids, had my sister and myself, and then my mom's tubes were tied. They got married when they were 18 and 19--it is possible.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah kids fit perfectly into my plans lol. I like to do kid things... Go to disney world, go to kids movies, etc etc. having hannah gives me someone I can relate to LOL. i am very child like

I liked the baby stage because it was cute and sweet but oh man 2,3 and 4 years old has been SO much fun. So I would like to start again with a kid about 2 or 3. We have a wonderful home to offer and I really feel like God is leading us down a path we never really considered before but it just feels right. We Shall see

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

I think so. I never used to want kids, but in the last year or so I've sort of changed my mind. The thought of having kids scares me though. I've had very limited exposure to kids so don't really know much about them, and I wish they came potty trained, haha. Plus, you have to be pretty selfless to be a parent. Not that I am a selfish person, but you know. It's definitely not happening any time soon - I'm not even in a relationship. And I don't want kids past the age of about 30-34, so if I don't have any by then, I won't at all. So yeah, we'll see what the future brings I suppose. For now I'm perfectly happy single with my dogs and it's not a big deal either way for me at the moment (having kids vs. not having any), but I am only 21. Things could and probably will change as I get older.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

Hell no. Never ever I don't think I've ever met a kid I really liked.

My Photos
Old 04-06-2012, 05:07 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

My entire life and into the near, and relatively far, future, I have always maintained that I do not want kids and honestly don't believe I'd make a very good mother. The only times I feel mothering instincts come out, it is towards an animal, never a human. I can barely tolerate my own nieces and nephews for the most part, honestly.

I am open to the possibility that later in my life, I might get some weird hormonal surge and might desperately want to have a child. In the event that happens, I think I'd rather adopt. Up until that time, if I become pregnant, well, I'm pro-choice so I'll leave it at that. If after that potentially happens, though, I become pregnant, I'd probably keep it and maybe adopt another child later, however I don't see myself with one kid, let alone two.

It's hard because my boyfriend says he'd probably like kids someday, but that it isn't a deal breaker for us being together. I'd still feel, if I never am ready, I'd be robbing him of something, and I don't think that's fair to him. He really would make a fantastic father, no doubt about it, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't really like children, and I don't want to actually be pregnant (the thought of being pregnant scares me more than the idea of childbirth, but not more than the subsequent 18 years).

Then I constantly think of things like what if my kid grows up and starts acting out by abusing animals and killing them for fun? Is it weird that *that's* the thing that I worry about most in having a child? I think it's a legitimate concern though, considering I plan to surround myself with as many animals as we can handle to recreate what I always had growing up. I couldn't mentally handle finding out my kid was torturing neighbourhood cats and shooting dogs.
Or what if it just plain hates the world and does something unspeakable?
Yeah, I'm a worrier. Go ahead and laugh!

My Polyvore
Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

Nope. The ONLY way I would EVER consider a kid is if I adopted an older child, in the 5+ age range (older, preferably). But that's a HUUUUUUGE ***IF***.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

I'm good with just the one I would never, ever have more than two, and that would be pushing it, lol. I'm not a kid person. I love MY kid, but am fine not being around any others. And lord the baby stage is horrible. I think I'll find him perfect at about 4, lol.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

Blake wants kids... I never really did. And I'm not going to really try to have kids. But if I did he would be thrilled.

Eevee
13-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Obey the Toad.

I used to want at LEAST 4 kids. Then in my 20s I didn't think I wanted any at all. Then in my late 20s I figured I would have kids. Then after my horse died last year I had some weird emotional upheaval and decided that I never wanted any kids. Now I have recently felt a strong pull towards motherhood. I think I will make a good mom, but I know Nate would be an awesome dad!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Top Dog

I don't think so. Actually, I definitely don't. I nurture young minds all day long, why would i want to come home to that? A lot of friends have had babies this past year, and their lives are now nothing that I envy.

I've always thought it would be fun to have grown children for christmas dinners and such, but i dont want to go through 20+ years to get to that point.

DH would enjoy them, but he's said he's fine if it doesnt happen. I think at this point the only way it would is an accident. We're both really happy with our lives the way they are, and at 26/27, I dont see this changing drastically in the next few years.