Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you want a kid/kids?
Yes! I really, really want kids NOW! 5 4.20%
Yes, I want kids 20 16.81%
I kind of sort of want kids 8 6.72%
My spouse wants kids, so I will have them to appease them 2 1.68%
I am undecided, but leaning towards no 16 13.45%
I am undecided, but leaning towards yes 12 10.08%
No way do I want kids! NEVER! 30 25.21%
I already have kids 22 18.49%
Chicken Fried Rice 4 3.36%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Resident fainting goat

I'm undecided but leaning towards no.

Is it possible? Sure. I suppose if my partner really wanted kids and I felt I was at a point in my life where I had done all I wanted to do and felt selfless enough to take on children and was financially comfortable enough where I could raise them with what I feel is the best that they can have, then yea.

but I wouldn't mind not having them honestly...
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Love My Mutt <3

in the far future

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Not today.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I never wanted kids growing up. Now I can't imagine my life without hannah. We have been wishy washyfor quite a while about a second child. Now we are pretty certain we aren't going to have a second child of our own and may be looking into a different option as we would like a second child but don't really want to start over with a newborn

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Top Dog

I said undecided leaning towards yes even though I'm more undecided leaning neither way. I have never had the kid urge, but I am in love with my 2 year old nephew, he's the coolest little guy.

If I do decide to try, it'll be when I'm over 35 so it may or may not work out.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Chihuahua Power!

We're financially ready and have a stable home life, but I'm just not... ready for a lifestyle change for something I'm not 100% I want. The last thing I'd want is to regret having a child. There is so much that I would miss and so much I haven't experienced yet. I love traveling internationally with my husband. I know you can still do that with a child, but you can't really pub crawl in Ireland or go ziplining in Central America with a young child!

And then, there's the teenage stage where there is a good chance that your child will want nothing to do with you! Thinking about that makes me not want a child at all! LOL.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Nope. And it's surprisingly hard to find a good guy who doesn't want kids. =/ I actually had a guy VERY EARLY ON in our relationship, like not even "dating," just getting to know each other, try to start a fight with me about it. Um, WTF? That's not going to woo me, pal. X_X
I guess the older I get maybe guys will get all resigned to not having kids so it will work out? Hahaha.

My sister is 33 and she wants kids and I don't think it's going to happen. She wanted like a menagerie when she was younger (FIVE TO SEVEN KIDS)... these days I think she'll be lucky to have one. Her husband doesn't seem to think they can afford to have a kid so I guess has put the kibosh on it. I think by the time he thinks they are "ready" it will be really hard for them to get pregnant. =/

My poor mom, she wants grandkids more than anything. I told her I could get another puppy and she glared at me LOL. but I COULD get another puppy...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Wild At Heart

I answered "undecided, but leaning towards yes". I love kids (hello - education major, of course I do!) and I probably WILL have kids in the far, far future. I want to be graduated from college and have my career started... oh and I kind of have to be married, LOL. Considering that I'm not even dating anyone.. it'll be a while haha.

Now whether I choose to have them biologically or adopt, I'm not sure.

If I do have kids, I want like 4-6 of them though. LOL My sister wants a HUGE family... like 10 kids. I think my parents will have plenty of grandchildren eventually, it may just take a while for them to get them

Harleigh <3
Old 04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
& the Muttly Crew

For what it's worth I really like kids. A lot. I just don't have any desire to have ones of my own so far. I think I'll make a really amazing aunt

Not ruling out having my own but since my answer has been "not today" for the last decade, chances are it will be the same tomorrow

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Top Dog

I said "I kind of sorta want kids". Ideally, yeah, I DO want kids. I see myself being a really good mother someday but it's not something I'm even THINKING about now (being 21 and single). I know some people who, at 18, had their whole lives planned on "I'm going to have kid #1 then, and then kid #2 two years later... etc etc" and I've just NEVER thought that way, I've never fantasized about a glamorous wedding or anything either. I've never had that desire to have a kid but just know that someday I will, if that makes sense.

I also live with my 4 year old sister and before that, was living with my now 8 year old brother. So I've been a second mother to all of my siblings already and personally, I like being able to pass them back off to the 'rents when they get on my nerves.

Honestly? I'm perfectly happy with Jackson at the moment. He fulfills my "motherly instinct" if you will and I am content with that. In 10 years, I'll be 31 and he'll HOPEFULLY still be around at 13 (Lord willing as my grandma used to say) and I can't say I necessarily want kids before that anyways so hopefully Jackson stays my baby.

But I guess I'm more of a "I'll deal with that when it comes around..." type person and don't really think or plan about it.

Brit & Jackson