Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Active Pup

I think it is the same for white shepherd and white boxers too, don't you think.
There are other breeds out there where people breed for colors that are against the breed standard, their coloring makes them rare and therefor more exensive to buy.
Only backyarders looking for a quick buck......:-( IMHO
Old 12-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Puppy Dog

White boxers are allowed!
Old 12-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
Actually Boxers that have more than 1/3 markings on their bodies are disqualified from the ring...in other words reputable breeders don't purposely breed white boxers, and if one is born in the litter it is spayed/neutered...

White Boxers are not breeding quality.
Oh ok I'll shut up then.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Top Dog

It's despicable! They're full of health problems, as if the Doberman already doesn't have more than his fair share. They are totally not in the standard. They're a mutation. These "breeders" ought to locked up.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Top Dog

How do you get white Doberman?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Felurian

It's a genetic mutation; it probably shows up on a recessive gene and manifests when two dogs are bred that have the gene. Even with two dogs with the gene it won't manifest at every breeding or in every pup. For some reason the "white" gene seems to come with other health defects in most breeds, not just the Dobermans. Other colors are affected this way, too, like the blue Merle color in some Australian Shepherds. Reputable, responsible breeders never breed two blue Merle Aussies because a union of two blue Merles often also yields deafness, blindness or both.

Unfortunately, unethical, uncaring people will sometimes breed two dogs with this genetic trait on purpose, solely to get the white coloration. They cater to people who just want a unique "look."

My best advice to anyone who wants a "unique look" is to go to your local shelter and adopt a mixed breed. You'll have a one-of-a-kind!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Active Pup

Default Ridiculous!

I am new to this forum...however i do agree with the backyard breeder and pet store theory on this! At work we call the white Dobies, Schnouzers and other off color dogs such as the white shepherd and blue dobies counterfit dogs! they are all colors not recognized by AKC not saying AKC is always right but...at least they try to keep stuff right! All of this is happening because of the inbreeding etc...What can we do about it? bout all I can think of is not buy from backyard breeders! Don't give them the satisfaction of selling their dogs! Just my opinion!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Felurian

Well said, PawsRanch6! When the profit goes away, so do the backyard breeders and pet stores!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2005, 08:40 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I grew up working in a kennel, my job was to take care of the puppies from the minute they were born until they were sold.I started when I was twelve and worked there along with two other kennels for 20 years. The main kennel I worked at had a good reputation for intellegent and careful breeding. These were field trial dogs. Every once in a while a solid white labrador would be born..usually stillborn or died very soon after. It is just a theory of mine, i might be wrong, but the whiter the pup the weaker..My dog had very white fur and very pink skin..he reacted to sunlight and was prone to infection. His whiteness was unusual for his breed. He died of cancer at 7. People should be aware of this before they choose to encourage such breeding, and becoming envloved with a animal that may have costly ilnesses and an early death.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I may bite... grrr!

I have heard of White Dobermans but never have i seen one, i would like to see one out of curiosity but i do find it wrong . As candy722 said how do you get a White Doberman?