Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Default When did your dog become "your" dog

Im starting to really, really enjoy Mitsu. I have to admit I was very hesitant to actually keep. Her temperment is not something I usually enjoy in a dog, but im finding out she is such a nice balance. And I do really enjoy her. Its nice to have a cuddly, sweet, non snarky dog. I think Mitsu and Teagan balance each other out.

So now I do consider her a part of my family.

So when did you realise that your dog was a part of your family??

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Twin 2

This moment:

IMG_3400 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Seriously though, I felt a lot of the "He's mine" when I first say his little guinea pig picture. But when I got him home and was sitting outside with him everything just clicked and I knew he was my boy.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

The minute I brought her home from the shelter. It was pouring rain on the way home (the edge of a hurricane!), but we still cracked the windows and let her poke her nose out to enjoy the sniffs. She was sopping wet by the time we made it from the car to our apartment (so were we!), so we had to towel her off as best as we could before she ran through the apartment.

To this day, she LOVES rolling around on damp towels.

Then she ran circles around our tiny apartment, jumping on beds, over sofas, and eventually sitting still long enough to be held for a picture.

My heart was melted, my doggy was happy. She's just radiated pure joy and love of life since the day we brought her home.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Are you dead yet?

I didn't bond with Eve the day I met her, like some people do with their puppies.

I really knew she was mine when she was about 5-6 months old and I began to notice that she was always watching me out of the corner of her eye, and always watching out for me.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

never lol. they are hubby's dogs. I get left out in the cold LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Classic was totally my dog when we first got him. The car ride home cemented it in.

Zuma took a while, she really didn't bond with me right away. I took her every where with me and did a lot of training with her and now she won't leave my side. It took about 2-3 months before I was her fav.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 04-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

Neither of my dogs were right away. Meg took maybe 2 or 3 weeks. I resisted a lot, despite how wonderful she was, because I didn't think she was the dog I wanted. As far as I was concerned, she was just a foster. But she is more 'mine' than any other dog could be. She is always in the room with me, she won't leave the property if I'm here, and even if I'm not home, nobody but my mother can take her for a walk - she refuses to go. Including my father, who she loves and has lived with since I got her.

Gusto - it is really just starting to happen. I mean, I fell madly in love with him from his first picture, and I've loved him all along. But really, in the past week or two - he's changed, and only in good ways. I've been attached to him all along, but suddenly I'm smiling even bigger when I look at him, and hugging him a bit more.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

With Auggie, the very day I picked him up. There's a picture but my webhost is down so I can't link it. But he was mine from the moment we loaded into the car together to go home. He just... was.

With Pepper, I loved her since she was a puppy. Loving her was never the question. Loving her was always the problem LOL. It was the day I took her to the agility trial with me... actually, it's been almost a year, because it was the Sunday after my half-marathon last year and that's coming up at the end of the month here. I had her out to walk her around and let her potty. I was sitting on a wooden post fence and she had her paws up on my knees, and I was petting her face. And Auggie's breeder walked past us and said, "She looks really happy."
That was The Moment. In my head I thought "Well, ($*@." hahahaha. Because I still hadn't made up my mind if she was really staying or not, I was still going back and forth on if I was the best house for her or not. And when she said that, that just kind of sealed the deal.

With Payton, I was kind of in shock over being so impulsive for a few days LOL. I LOVED him, he was so cute, but it was bizarre to me hahaha. I jokingly say that I knew he was a member of my family on the Friday night after I got him when he bit my arm and left a bruise XD I don't think there was really a "moment" with him like with Auggie or Pepper. If anything it happened in reverse of Pepper, I knew he was going to be mine and come home with me, and then I fell in love with him afterward. But I didn't really have any time to get to know him beforehand like I had with both Auggie and Pepper. I had seen photos but they weren't full of personality like even Auggie's early photos are hahaha. We drove up to see him, I saw his temperament for myself, and I signed the check and he came home with me... and before that I had actually been keeping myself from getting attached, so... yeah.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Jackson was definitely the moment I brought him home. I wouldn't say it was the minute I picked him up - as I picked him (between him and his brother) and then AFTER I picked him out, the "breeder" proceeds to tell me that "that one gets car sick" so we got in the car and he was terrified, didn't seem to want to be comforted by me, and threw up twice. I had a sheer moment where I thought of "OMG what did I DO?!"

But honestly, the MINUTE I brought him home... he was mine and ALL mine! Once he was in the house, he made himself right at home, and he was completely MY little boy. <33

This was his first day home.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Top Dog

With Buster, we knew he was ours when we picked him out from the litter. I mean who could resist this face?!

Rudy isn't really "my" dog, actually. He has more of a bond with my parents and we have never clicked. I really do love him though!

Dixie - when I first saw her when the animal control officer brought her in one night that I was working. And, this... I lost her wooing pics I took at the shelter.