Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Top Dog

OMG! I eat a lot I guess! Today I had for breakfast a smoothie...veggies, a little fruit (1/2 apple, blueberries, kale, zucchini, spinach, beet, red/orange peppers, forgot the carrot...lol... and 1/2 glass of almond milk in it.) Lunch was a bratwurst (probably terrible stuff, but yum) and sauerkraut, small green salad. Snack time was 1/2 cup or so of pistachios, forgot to have tea. Oh yeah, and a little yogurt. Dinner, 1/2 of a T-bone steak (got out the bbq finally), asparagus, mushrooms, green salad, which had zucchini, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion, red pepper, spinach, lettuce and ranch dressing, sunflower and chia seeds. (well, only the ranch was quite fattening and the steak, oh and the bratwurst...lol) But that's a lot! Now I'm fixin to have some tea.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Well, my dinner tonight consisted of a yogurt cup, a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, and a string cheese slice. Does that count as a meal? LOL

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Well, my dinner tonight consisted of a yogurt cup, a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, and a string cheese slice. Does that count as a meal? LOL
No, go back and eat your vegetables!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Walks into Mordor

The whole "three meals a day" thing is basically a cultural phenomenon. I remember hearing that there are several cultures that eat only two meals a day. As long as you're getting the nutrients your body needs, I don't see the problem.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Top Dog

I usually only have something light like yogurt, a few biscuits for breakfast..eat a huge lunch then only eat salad/soup for dinner. Have done that for a looong time. Although my metabolism is slow because of it, it's not doing me any harm in the long run.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Top Dog

I only eat one big meal a day, but I snack all day on veggies, organ meats, and so on. Usually very light seafood in the evening. No grains, here. Not much carbs, either. Or dairy. But I feel pretty awesome. Not as sluggish, and definitely sleeping better at night. Only issue is mornings, of course, since my stomach can't handle anything the first hour or two I'm up. After that, I graze all day long. LOL. Bite here, bite there. But I'm always satisfied, weight and energy isn't suffering, and I'm still getting the same amount of calories and food as I would if I were eating it all in 2 or 3 different meals.

As long as you're not starving yourself, I don't see a reason why eating only two meals a day would be bad.