Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Eating twice a day.. bad?

My weird college schedule has somehow warped my eating times..

For the last few semesters I have fallen into eating my meals at noon and at 5 during the week (i'm weird about schedules. Once I write it down it is law and I follow it without much thinking lol)

I'm never really hungry earlier or later or in between.. but is it healthy? the meals are average sized and everything and I'm working on making them more balanced (I don't eat vegetables so I'm really trying to get some veggies in)

I have started eating an apple or yogurt around 7 am when I wake up (just to kind of having something in my stomach for my early classes) but other than that I don't eat at other times during the day
(no midnight snacks since dining halls close at 8 and I don't keep food in my dorm lol)
Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Go google intermittent fasting. Many people eat that way purposely.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Love My Mutt <3

More than I eat

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

That's how I spent the majority of my life LOL. I don't handle breakfast well, I get sick if I eat first thing in the morning, so when I was in school and for most of my adult life I just never ate breakfast... only did lunch and dinner. I can manage breakfast now, but I have to be really careful WHAT I eat and not too much, or I'll end up sick. Definitely no dairy first thing in the morning. hurk. So I dunno, I still don't really eat three "meals." I'd call my breakfast a snack. =P
And if I'm not at work (weekends/vacation) I generally still don't eat breakfast at all, or I wait until 10am and do brunch-y stuff. ;P

For a few years there, because of my work schedule, I would eat lunch at around noon or 1 and not eat dinner until around midnight or so. That definitely didn't have me feeling very good...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Thats how I eat most of the time - only different times. Usually around 2pm and 7pm. Like today I had pasta at 2 and big salad around 7. I can't handle breakfast. Anything that goes past coffee is baaadddd.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

That's how I eat most days, too. For example, this morning I had a banana when I woke up at 10:30. Then I had a granola bar at 1:30, in between classes. I just got home, so I'm eating my "lunch" (a homemade quesadilla) now at 3:40. I'll likely have dinner around 7:30 or 8:00.

Yesterday I had some banana bread at 9am, a little bowl of tuna casserole at 1pm, and then some pizza at 6pm. (And some more banana bread around 11pm, because I was feeling a little bit hungry. )

The day before I had a granola bar around 8am, some pizza for "lunch" at 11am, then didn't eat again until about 7pm (tuna casserole).

I eat when I'm hungry, really. If I know I'm going to miss a "meal time", I try to at least eat a small healthy snacky food (granola bar, applesauce, a banana, etc.) so I'm not hungry, but I'm not pigging out on junk, either.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Sadness. I love food.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

I don't always feel like breakfast, but I usually have a smoothie whether I want it or not, just to get in more veggies. I try for veggies at every meal. I put protein powder in it too. Sometimes just one egg doesn't seem like you're eating that much, but it's good to start the day with some protein. It gets your metabolism going and everything works better, I think. I think 3-5 smaller meals or snacks a day is better for keeping things from jumping up and down...like with blood sugar levels and so forth. And sticking to things that don't have sugar in them. (Of course, that's next to impossible for me.) lol
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Let it be

I wish I ate like that! I am a muncher. My snacks yesterday consisted of a whole bag of baby carrots, a whole bag of grapes and five bananas. I cannot stop eating.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:32 PM
<3 my soldier

I only eat twice a day... I usually have a small breakfast (kashi bar/yogurt/fruit) around 8 and lunch around 11. I will eat a few small snacks throughout the day... but nothing I would call a "meal"

Not by choice... After lunch I'm just not hungry for the rest of the day. If I do get hungry I will eat something small like some more fruit, a small salad, or some chips...