Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Water Junkie

For a female? Yes, Blaze would jump the moon if it were a female.

Lizzie, she would not let the dog within eye sight, let alone steal her bone.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Just another dog coming into the yard?
Missy would have a freak-out. Jack would want to go say hello and play. (as long as the dog was acting friendly/non-threatening)

A strange dog taking a bone away?
Well, Missy wouldn't let the dog close enough in the first place, and Jack would growl/snap at them.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Hmmm...all just depends, I suppose.

Rose, in her younger years, would have attacked with no questions asked. She and Blackie did NOT tolerate any strange dog on their turf at all and they would back that up with their teeth. Now in her older age (and that she is a lot more used to use bringing home fosters), she would probably just posture and bark, but not attack - if the dog was being submissive/nonthreatening.

Chloe, it just depends on her mood. She would probably posture and growl and be a bitch, but if the dog didn't take offense to that she'd likely knock it off and become friends. If they did take offense to that, she'd attack.

Cynder would put her hackles up and investigate. Then if the dog left her alone and wasn't confrontational, she'd do the same. Otherwise, she snarks to be left alone.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Not a Border Collie

Dally, oddly enough would probably be fine with it. Off property she is very high anxiety which she redirects onto other dogs. At home, she's fine with any dog we accept onto the property. A couple weeks ago the neighbour's lab came over and they played for hours.

Quinn would probably try to run the dog off. I think the bone would be secondary to the "I can't believe this dog has the nerve to be on my property" reaction, LOL.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

My dogs are great with other dogs, but I'm pretty sure they would not tolerate a strange dog coming into their yard and especially not stealing their toys/bones.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:28 AM
...ice road...

I would not want to be a stray dog that somehow made it into this yard.

But, that's why the fencing is so secure - to keep my pack in, and non-pack OUT!

Now, among the pack... There are push overs who let their bones/toys/etc. be stolen, and then there are a few who command a 3-4' radius around them when they're in possession of something lol
Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 AM
Plus One

Ozzy would prob growl/snap. The dog being on the property wouldnt noted him but the bone would.

Taz, Fudge and Diesel would leave their bones to go investigate the new dog and probably not care if it stole their bone if it was a bitch.

Aura would grab her bone and try and bark at the dog at the same time. She would probably bite if it wouldn't leave her alone.
Scamp would be friendly if it was a submissive bitch but would not allow it to take his bone so there would be posturing/ growling and he would bite if it wouldn't back off.

Tika would attack it for setting foot on her property.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

It all depends on which dog it was. If it were just a strange dog coming into our yard, all three of my girls would be fine given it was a male dog. If it were a female Mina would be looking for blood.

Now as for stealing the bone, Mina would eat the other dogs face. Upendi would let them have it and then look sad while trying to figure out how to get it back. Cara would snark, but back down I think.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 AM
~Lisa~

Blaze is a push over. and wouldnt care at all. he probably would drop the bone before the dog approched and walk away from it. he is the least confrontational dog lol.

Solo can be a resource guarder with dogs. so he is watched carefully. He wouldnt give it up easily, if at all with out a fight.
I have to be very carefull with him at dog parks with people who bring toys. as he will steal a dogs toy and growl at them if those dogs try to get it back
Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Top Dog

Mu - She'd eat the dog's face most likely, partly for being in her yard and partly over her bone.

Tipper - She'd give it up lol. She gave Zoom's Sawyer her tennis ball last weekend and acted like he was trying to kill her every time he barked. She capitulates to everyone but Mu for some reason. Dork dog.

Murphy - That dog wouldn't be anywhere near his bone. Bones are super high value for him. I don't think he'd hurt anyone but other dogs are not allowed near his stuff.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013