Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Blue_Dog

I don't know. Sam has never been possessive over stuff so I doubt he would cause a stink, but if he might have tried to make a game of getting it back.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Top Dog

To be honest, I don't know how mine would react. They're all fine with each other stealing their things, but they've never had a strange dog or a dog that doesn't live with them steal things.

My guess is that Ripley would probably be totally fine with it. He lets other dogs take from him all the time with zero issues, and then just looks at me all sad. Keira would likely be fine with it as well, though she'd look really peeved. It takes a bit to really frustrate Keira to the point of upsetting her. And Dance would probably snark at the other dog. Dogs do not steal from Dance unless it's an item she doesn't really care about that much.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

Jackson wouldn't care about another dog being in his yard or home. But dogs cannot try to take bones from him! He will give a warning growl and if they don't back away, there MAY be a fight.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Top Dog

He'd growl and then bite. Alternatively he'd see the dog, forget about the bone and go investigate.

Once the neighbours lab was in the yard, I opened the door and he came running in the house I thought there would be trouble but both dogs were just kinda like "wtf? Who are you? Hey buddy, would you please down so I can sniff your butt?"
Old 04-03-2012, 01:07 AM
orange iguanas.

Juno would not care. At the dog park, she is always getting toys yanked out of her mouth. Or at home, Lucy doesn't usually *take* things from Juno, but she does get all up in her business if she's chewing on something. Juno just carries on and finds something else to do. She's never gotten possessive over anything, towards dogs or people.

I don't know how Lucy would react to a strange dog. She growls if Juno comes anywhere near her while she is chewing on something. But that is the extent of it - she growls, Juno sometimes ignores it and takes the chew from her anyway, and that's it. No fighting or biting. But I'm not sure if a strange, random dog would tick her off more.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

I have two major RGers. If it was a really high value bone, the other dog would not be so lucky. Smalls would tell them off and if they surrendered the bone there would be no further issues. Shambles would likely fight. Jonas wouldn't let them get near it. The minute the dog was coming he'd snatch it and run. Jack and Magpie don't have a care in the world.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Show Dog

Bear would not be ok with another male in his yard. A female, I don't know, could go either way. Pig steals things from him all the time and the most he'll do is get a little grumbly before handing whatever he has over. Sometimes he'll use his big head to cover the toy/bone so she can't get it. Pig is a persistent little thing though and will usually dig at his side until he relents or I call her off. I'm not sure that he would let a strange dog steal from him though. He would probably give a female a warning growl and if she persisted, maybe an air snap. A male would not be permitted to even enter the yard without Bear starting a fight.

Pig has always been the thief. The few times another dog has attempted to steal something from her (or get whatever she stole from them back) she just darts away with her prize. Sometimes she'll taunt other dogs, wagging a toy or bone in their face and waiting for them to go for it before running off. So I don't think she would necessarily fight over a bone, but she probably wouldn't let another dog steal from her.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

Killed.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan would growl at them if the dog did not back away she would attack their face.

There has been people who are walking their dogs by my place and their dog wanders into my yard. Teagan pretty much does a Ninja scream and goes running at the dog with her tail straight in the air, luckly all of the dogs have submitted to her ninja-ness.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

It would be ugly with both my girls, although Macky *might* opt to just bolt away from the gross dog.

Keeva wouldn't even let the dog in the yard, much less near her bone. She's a nasty little thing with dog she doesn't know/approve of, lol.