Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Dead. Bloody, gory, dead. LOL
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Knox would probably be okay with a female. He might be a little ticked off about his bone, but I don't think he'd hurt the other dog. Enzo wouldn't really care, especially if there was something else for her to chew.

Ozzy goes for the throat. :/
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Mine would probably be more interested in figuring out why there was a strange dog in their yard.

I had a foster pug a little while ago that thought everything was hers. Skye and Romeo would give her extremely and increasingly clear warnings, but I never let her get to the end of what would happen. I'm not sure if they would have actually fought, I don't think so. They were both actually kind of appalled that another dog would attempt to take what they were working on.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

My two would raise a ruckus. Mostly because they are behind a fence. I think face to face, Ivan would posture and then "try" to make friends. Peewee from past experience would go for blood. He has actually jumped the fence to chase another dog off. Now if I bring the dog in and introduce the dog to them, they are ok. And are fine with seeing the dog in their yard. My two are not fond of strangers whether they be human or dog in their yard. They let me know everytime someone or something is in their yard that has not be invited there.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm All Ears

My dogs do not like other dogs coming into their yard. They would probably just bark and charge then sniff and continue barking. Would probably be okay after some sniffing.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Fishies!

There would be blood.

Buster has backed off if Ruby has really wanted it, and then, well, they changed their positions on brawling over bones.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Are you dead yet?

Stealing the bone? Eve would be so pissed. The other dog wouldn't have a face left.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

One wouldn't even notice the other, well she would, but would not care in the least, even if the other took a bone, she's content with about anything. She's not really submissive she just doesn't really give a crap.

The other would bark from behind a fence, if the dog came into the yard without forward type displays, she'd probably just sniff and watch. If they tried to take what she had, there would be blood and if they came in with an "attitude" so to speak, there would be a scuffle. Otherwise if they mind their own business, she's happy to just mind hers.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

The second there was somebody to play with Yoshi wouldn't even remember a bone.

Lady though... She would have told them what she thought.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

This has happened to Keegan. (sort of)

In agility class, I brought a bully stick for him to chew on and not bark.

The trainer has a newer dog she uses for demos in our class, and she's also working on stays with the dog. She told us this the first week. But it's pretty funny, because the trainer will tell the dog to stay and then get distracted, and the dog *literally* tiptoes away, and the trainer usually doesn't notice for a few minutes.

So Keegan was chewing on his bully stick, the other dog approached, and Keegan practically handed the stick over. The funny thing is, he looked a little sad when the other dog started to take it, but he was not going to argue, he was totally going to let her have it.

The trainer noticed before she could get away with it, though, so Keegan was happy to get to keep his bully stick.

Luna, though? Not so much. What she lacks in size she makes up for in self confidence.