Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Let it be

Default How would your dog react to this?

My landlord's dog came into the yard today. She roams a lot so its not uncommon for her to just randomly appear out of the blue. She is even more soft in her temperament than Bandit. Very submissive and puppy like. Always licking and rolling onto her back. She trotted up to him, stole his bone, took it to the lower part of the yard and started to chew on it. Bandit picked up his ball, went and sat by her and played with it without a care in the world.

I have never seen George be so bold. They both clearly get on well and don't consider each other threatening at all. It had me wondering if other people's dog's would be so tolerant or if its just the dynamic between these dogs. Bandit is a 7 yearold neutered male and George is a female around the same size and is around 2.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
love herds

Duke would be totally okay with it, everyone is a friend to him and he is a total pushover. Radar would not really appreciate it, he wouldn't do much though. Likely just steal it back and hide it somewhere if it was something he really cared about. Desoto would eat the other dog

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Belle would be fine with it (unless she was actively chewing ont he bone... she has no tolerance for other dogs taking food from her... Beezer has been on the end of her wrath before they really cemented their relationship)

Beezer would be FLIPPING OUT that there was another dog in his yard and I don't know that he would actually attack but it wouldn't be surprised

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Top Dog

If the dog were Zobby sized, Zobby'd probably be fine with them. If it were a large dog, or (goodness help us!) a husky, he'd go for blood.

Elsie would charge and bark. I'm not sure if she'd bite or not. She usually loves other dogs, but she's protective of the house and yard.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Art would likely sit behind it waiting for him/her to give it back to him. lol
Old 04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

None of mine would go for a strange dog taking their stuff. That being said, I do have dogs here that would allow something like that from one or two of the others, but for the rest it'd probably start a fight.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Top Dog

Zander wouldn't care. He might try playing keep away with her, but eventually he'd hand it over with star-struck eyes.

He loves girlies. Especially husky-type girlies, but most all girlies in general. He's more tolerant/playful of them then males, but he gets along with them, too. Every now and then he has a bromance.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 PM
<--------Orson

Orson does not like any other dog..........yep, I think that covers it, LOL
Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Rosey doesn't like other dogs, bt she also doesn't like Bones so I think the issue would be another do being in her yard rather than it taking her bone

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

none of mine would be okay with another dog coming into their yard, but especially Roxy. As soon as she matured her guardian side came out and stray dogs cause her to go over the top. But a dog walked in with one of us ( when friends come to visit) are perfectly fine