Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Top Dog

My dogs will for some unknown reason always go to their on beds when bedtime rolls around. I toss and turn too much, they like their own space and so do I.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Agility freak!

Psyche (43lbs) sleeps with my every night. Some nights I'll allow Crash (55lbs ish) to sleep with me, and when Simi's old enough she'll likely have a night here or there where she sleeps with me.

That said, I've been known to take a nap with Crash, Psyche, Simi and Zoey all in the bed, then sometimes one or two of Mom's dogs will hop up.

ETA: Before losing Bella, she used to sleep with me every night. She was 27 inches tall and about 85lbs and liked to sleep back to back with me, legs stretched long, and without her feet hanging off the edge, on a queen bed... She hogged, but I got so used to it that after losing her Psyche had to start sleeping with me cause I couldn't sleep otherwise.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Felurian

Kharma. 150 lbs. Of course.

She's not bad about hogging the bed, and if she does, I nudge her and tell her "you're hogging" and she gets up and moves. She usually starts sleeping alongside me, then moves to the foot of the queen bed where she can watch the doorway.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

Judge(GSD-93 lbs) and LoLa(42lbs) both sleep on my bed every night. Judge starts on the bed then gets down and lays in from of the door, "guarding" it! LoLa lays up right beside me using my extra pillow as her pillow.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quinn (40 pounds, 20"ish with longggg legs) prefers the floor when she's at home with me but will sleep on the bed with my bf and myself at his place. She's a bed hog - we give in and sleep uncomfortably on half of his queen size bed, she sprawls out on the other half.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 04-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post

That was when Shammy was a baby.. and pretty much the only time he was allowed to sleep in bed with me. He's allowed now (despite his ~85 lbs) but ONLY if I am taking a rare nap and my boyfriend is awake. Magpie, Jonas, and Smalls all sleep in the bed at night but Jack prefers not to. Sham will sleep in his crate until hell freezes over.
That's so cute. It reminds me of a greeting card my Mom gave me once. On the front of the card, a woman is ushering a guest into the bedroom. There are a lot of dogs on the bed and it says, "It was chilly tonight, thought I'd put an extra dog on your bed."

Very cute. I hope you're a sound sleeper.

When I had bigger dogs and since I've lived alone, I've always let them sleep on my bed. And sometimes I let Tokie sleep with me if she's visiting. But I have gotten so I prefer to not have the bigger dogs on the bed...I hate getting crowded at all and it wakes me up. The Chi's are okay as long as they stay over on their side. LOL. I'm too light a sleeper I guess and everything bugs me. lol.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

My dogs sleep in crates. They are allowed on my bed though and I have fallen asleep for a nap with both Cara and Upendi in bed with me.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 04-04-2012, 06:25 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Holly slept with me because she was good and wouldn't chew anything up but I'm scared Violet would get into stuff and end up killing herself somehow. Plus our room is like a sanctuary for Chloe, it's a place Violet isn't allowed that Chloe can relax and be herself in.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM
not so newby

All 3 of mine, 86, 89, 95 lbs are allowed to sleep on the bed with us. Though there's usually only 2, the 3rd likes to sprawl out on the couch. The 2 that do sleep with us wait until we get comfy then fill in the spaces that are open. Once they lay down they are out for the night. They don't normally crowd us out, they snuggle in and that's it.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 PM
<3 my soldier

Ollie sleeps in bed with me, on the pillow next to me. She is only 47 lbs but it is only a single bed (tiny). She takes up more room than me! lol