Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Rosey did when she could get up on my bed, and she was about 50lb then. She liked her space as much as I like mine, so that was never a problem.

I much prefer sharing the bed with her than people

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

I don't currently have a big dog but I let all the dogs sleep wherever they like. Since I wear earplugs sounds don't bother me and movement doesn't much either. Nia chooses to sleep on my mom's bed most of the time though because she has a king bed while I have a twin...

The other two like sleeping with me, even when I had to sleep on a small sofa for 2 weeks they squished on me. Doesn't bother me either.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Foster sleeps with us sometimes, but with Jonah most often.. along with Mindy, Diamond and two cats!

We actually bought a king size to make more room for them, I can't imagine not having them...

Though one weekend Jonah was away, and Jenn and Matt were also away so this was our bed:

Jeff and Myself...

Foster (Jonah's)
Bianca (Jonah's)
Monte (Jenn and Matt's)
Mindy
Diamond
Nuts (Cat)
Minnie Me (Cat)

There were 9 living critters in the bed!! You could not move!!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Millie (only 30 lbs. though) is welcome to sleep in bed with me any time she wants. Fable sleeps with me and if she wants to, I'd love to keep her sleeping there no matter how big she gets.
Harley (120 lbs.) used to share my twin bed with me. There are few things more comforting than a big old dog sleeping next to you. When they're ON you, it's slightly less comfortable.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Boone (65 lbs), Tempie (45 lbs), and Raja (45 lbs) all sleep with me at night. They are allowed to get on and off the bed, though the only one that ever gets off at night is Raja if she gets too hot. My only rule is they are to stay settled down and not wake me. If they wake me up, they go in their crates. They all learned that pretty quickly, and they wait quietly until I wake up on my own.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

Maya (80 lbs) sleeps with us every night. In the summer, she usually gets up and retreats to a cooler floor in the middle of the night.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Original Twin

Saga (52 pounds) sleeps with me every night. She is a bedhog though.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

Zander used to sleep with me all the time. Easily a 70lb dog, and all stretched out he takes up the majority of a queen bed, although he prefers sleeping on my chest or on my feet.

But now I have a husband, and a black comforter, he isn't "allowed" on the bed. But I still let him up every now and then when DH is in the field, and vacuum off the bed, so it's our little secret.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Yoshi isn't heavy she's only about 45lbs. But when she lays on her side and stretches out *how she sleeps normally* she is about as tall as me. She has slept with me since the day I got her. She loves always touching and cuddling. We always fall asleep with her head on my arm, cuddled up under the blankets ^_^

Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm All Ears

I've slept okay with all 5 papillons on the bed, although the five combined is around 35 lbs of dog.