Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 12-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Big Dog

thnx for the advice guys.. and that pic is hilarious.. lol and ill prly do somewhat of the same thing thnx again
Old 12-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Corgi bum

I used pads for my two dogs when they were puppies also, and they worked extremely well. I also have to shovel paths in the snow now when the dogs go outside, since I have two short legged dogs. Chloe and Jack thought it was great fun though last winter, having their little paths and tunnels when they would go outside.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Active Pup

I am going through the same thing! My 8 week old Yorkie goes basically whereever he wants and doesn't seem to be getting the potty training. Today it's about 9 degrees and he just shivers and whines outside and wants to be taken inside where he promptly piddles in the floor. Help!!
Old 12-28-2004, 02:06 AM
Big Dog

they dont have pads in the country i live now ..my puppy's 7 weeks old and i just put a bunch of newspapers in a spot in the bathroom and i carry him there whenever he woke up, but he just ran away and pees on the floor, i tried to carry him while peeing he just keeps peeing then he stops peeing when he lands on the newspaper...i feel like strangling him whenever he does that
Old 12-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Active Pup

Default Rubbing dog's face in pee

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop
and what do you all think of rubbing their face in it when they pee on the carpet? a few of my friends SWEAR that works wonders....but ive heard so much negative....any comments?
I just had to register and post right away when I read this, since no one responded to your question. I think it sounds awful and cruel to do this and I would never do this to either of my dogs, nor could I imagine doing it to a dog you love. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyMom
I just had to register and post right away when I read this, since no one responded to your question. I think it sounds awful and cruel to do this and I would never do this to either of my dogs, nor could I imagine doing it to a dog you love. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
uhh few of my friends suggested me to do that but i never really did cuz i'm not sure if it'll work but i think i'll try it later.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Top Dog

Oh yeah pads are so good. My Toki would not go out to the backyard to potty because these few days has been raining here in california. I would open the door and he would not go out so then I closed the door. Then he ran so fast to pee on the wee wee pad upstairs. So funny, he knows it's cold outside and rather use wee wee pads. hahaha
Old 01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gell914
uhh few of my friends suggested me to do that but i never really did cuz i'm not sure if it'll work but i think i'll try it later.
You're going to try rubbing your dog's face in his pee? I think that's cruel. I would NEVER do that to my dogs.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Felurian

As far as rubbing your dog's nose in his business, well, if you stop and think, it's just about the lamest, most nonsensical, DUMBEST idea anyone has ever come up with to house train a dog. It doesn't teach them anything, other than they live with a human being who has completely lost their mind. Think about it! Dogs sniff each others' butts! They sniff each others' - and their own - waste! They taste each others' urine! That's one of the ways they communicate and learn about who has been there. Now, you've just gone and shoved your dog's nose in it. So what? Granted, you're probably raving and yelling at the dog at this point, and it's utterly confused and completely discombobulated and has unlearned anything that might have actually been sinking in that little puppy brain.

It's just a ridiculous thing to do, and it's downright counter-productive and mean to confuse your pup that way. Please don't do it and tell your friends who urge you to try it that it's pure foolishness and NOT the way to teach a pup.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-16-2005, 09:17 AM
yuckaduck

I think rubbing a dogs nose in its messes will only teach it to hide next time. Why do it in plain sight if it is going to get its' nose put in it. My mom is a firm believer in this and I still say it does not work. It is cruel and mean and in my opinion it is abuse.