Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukw7V9gkCJE&lis

Luckily he doesn't do that so much anymore. Well, not as often.

So yeah, vocal rather amuses me
That's almost exactly what Mia sounds like (only higher pitched) in the car.

I have to admit that it amuses me too. I know I'm strange. Barking annoys me but that kind of screaming doesn't at all.

Oh and Mia loose doesn't go on the dashboard but lately she has been jumping over the seat and into the trunk. Not terribly impressive until you figure out how small she is.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Let it be

The idea of a screaming dog scares me. I lived with a Sheltie growing up and honestly... I really enjoy how quiet Bandit is after how loud Shelby was.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm All Ears

This is Mia's noise: http://youtu.be/19-daM3CNTs (not in the car but if she gets too excited. Sometimes just saying 'okay' and catching her off guard ends up in this noise)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

Wow, I'm suddenly thankful for the arroo-roo's, dinosaur noises, and bird chirpies! Scout like yodels when she's excited about something. I'm sure it sounds horrific, but I don't mind it. Lily sounds like a bird when she's having a husky princess fit. And when Scout gets over the top in drive about a tug toy, fetch toy, or one of her bf's she machine gun barks, but somehow that doesn't bother me. Most dogs barking bother's me, not sure why hers doesn't. But most shepherd yodeling and barking doesn't bug me. I really like hwo vocal they are actually and how there is an opinion on everything.

My friend's Lab/RR loses his mind in the car and makes the "lab noise" interspersed with barking the whole friggin' time. It makes me want to bash my head in and pull my hair out at the same time. I'm not sure how to describe it, but those who've heard it probably know it. I wish I had video. My other friend didn't believe me about the lab noise, but one day we were in a pet store getting her cat something and suddenly I hear it on the other side of the store, I was all dude that is totally a lab, she was like whatever you are insane... we round the corner and sure enough 3 labs were there for a nail trim!

I can't take high pitched small dog noises. Its just in a register that really hurts. Though Mia's chirps between the barks were actually pretty cute!
I was soooo happy when my foster mini Aussie Spaz learned how to do the husky arroo-roo. Its so freaking cute how he does it. He is a grumbly, chatty fellow! If he keeps it deeper pitched I don't mind, but omg high pitched I just can't stand because it hurts!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Not a Border Collie

Yes, I really don't prefer barky dogs. Dally is pretty barky and it can be really irritating. One of my favorite things about Quinn is how quiet she is. The one and only time she barks is when someone is at the door - she has a very deep, loud bark (sounds much bigger than she is!) and will only bark a few times until she sees them and/or we respond to her alert. She might do a deep "ruff" bark if she hears coyotes outside. Other than that, she never demand barks and never barks during play. She's also very quiet in the car.

She is a groaner/growler though when you scratch her good spots and when she wakes up in the morning, which I don't mind at all. If she really really needs out she'll sit in front of you and pick her front paws up and down (kind of like a little kid dancing around cause they need to pee!), and if you ignore her after a few minutes she'll whine/groan at you. That's really about it though!

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

I work at a shelter. If I was bothered by vocal dogs I would have gone insane by now.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
As much as I hate barking/whining, I hate staring so much more. It is SO RUDE it drives me crazy
You would hate Cara, she is vocal and she love to stare.

That being said, it all depends on the dog honestly. Cara is a vocal dog, but it's not high pitched and usually if you tell her enough she'll quiet down. Upendi is vocal, but mostly roo's and woo's. Mina doesn't really bark much. However I can NOT stand high pitched vocalizations. I want to rip my gramma's chi mixes vocal cords out on a daily basis, it honestly just grates on my nerves.

Also the slurping licking noise, yeah can't stand that. I actually just told Cara to knock it off.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
I work at a shelter. If I was bothered by vocal dogs I would have gone insane by now.
This! I'm an intern at a shelter and the other day I fit 23 dogs with harnesses while the majority of them were barking the entire time... I quickly learned to tune it out or I really would have gone crazy!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus View Post
This! I'm an intern at a shelter and the other day I fit 23 dogs with harnesses while the majority of them were barking the entire time... I quickly learned to tune it out or I really would have gone crazy!
Sometimes it gets so deafening in there I just laugh. It's my favorite when they do an adoption tour and the dogs are excited by the new people walking through and go BANANAS. I'll hear them trying to ask questions and no one can hear each other.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Are you dead yet?

After seeing Mia and Traveler I am suddenly grateful for Eve's medium-pitched wookiee noises. I absolutely could not abide that screaming in the car, but I think it's hilarious in a yard or in a dog park.