Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
another thing I can't stand is that slurping licking sound.
ACK!

My dogs aren't lickers of people 'cause I put the kabosh on that just like the barking from day one.......but ooooooooooooooooooh how Orson licks his own parts! We'll be sitting on the couch watching a show, Orson will trot in, get comfy, and start cleaning his man parts!!!! *slurp, lick, slurp, lick* Nails on a chalk board!

I tell him just like I always told my children.........you can do that, it's natural and it belongs to you, but do it somewhere else 'cause nobody wants to see (or in this case hear) that!! LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
another thing I can't stand is that slurping licking sound. makes me want to rip out my hair lol
Auggie does this because he knows I hate it. he'll come stand in the room and stare at me with that look in his eyes and start sloshing his tongue around. STOP IT AAAAUGH.
he thinks he's funny. Because then he stands there and smiles at me.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Show Dog

If barking annoyed me so much I don't think I would still be able to work where I do. It's not uncommon for me to be surrounded by upwards of 50 barking dogs. I'm usually able to just tune it out, but every now and then it gets on my nerves. I have a much lower tolerance for barking from my own dogs, but that's mainly because both my brother and sister hate it when the dogs bark. So I try to keep my two quite to keep the peace in the house. It worked much better when it was just Bear. He likes to alert bark whenever someone comes to the door/passes the house. Before Pig came he would almost always stop with an 'enough.' Now Pig kind of eggs him on, so he'll stop, then start up again after she joins in.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

I would imagine one would get habituated to the sound of a kennel where there are 50 dogs or more barking all day long practically. I think you get use to it finally. But if you have peace and quiet and it's shattered by loud barking, but just here and there, that's more annoying probably. Or just one dog yapping all day in a neighbor's yard when you're at home and expect some solitude...that would drive me bonkers too.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

I've always loved your dog pictures. But I couldn't live with them either. I hate yappy small dogs. Thank goodness Kota isn't a vocal dog, though for a collie that is unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Just curious.

Nikki was a loudmouth and I don't know if that plays any role in it, but vocal dogs have never been a problem for me. Even shrill, ear piercing papillons. I always thought it was strange that people really worry about how vocal a breed is because it's just a non issue for me.

Then on Friday I took Josie and all the dogs for a walk. Mia gets VERY excited when we go somewhere and will spend the entire ride there making various vocalizations. Whining, some shrieking, etc. It's just what she does when things are exciting. Never has bothered me at all. So it's about a 15 min ride to the place we were going and I could tell Josie was getting completely annoyed by Mia. She keeps looking back at her and glaring and finally says 'I could not live with your dog'.

I've stayed over here 4 days now and there have been several times when Mia starts getting excited and 'talking' and it is clearly just driving Josie up the wall.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
ACK!

My dogs aren't lickers of people 'cause I put the kabosh on that just like the barking from day one.......but ooooooooooooooooooh how Orson licks his own parts! We'll be sitting on the couch watching a show, Orson will trot in, get comfy, and start cleaning his man parts!!!! *slurp, lick, slurp, lick* Nails on a chalk board!

I tell him just like I always told my children.........you can do that, it's natural and it belongs to you, but do it somewhere else 'cause nobody wants to see (or in this case hear) that!! LOL
Rosey knows she's only allowed to lick/chew/suck on herself in private, or she gets a punch in the face. The noise absolutely disgusts me

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 PM
love herds

Radar is a mute. I can count on my fingers the amount of times he has barked, I love it. That said, I have always had herding breeds so vocal tends to be part and parcel with them. Would I rather they where quieter? Yes. But all the other reasons I love them outweigh the barking to me. I find I can actually ignore barking after all these years my roommates always complain about the nieghbours dogs barking all day and I'm like 'what barking? Huh, I didn't notice it"

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Twin 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukw7V9gkCJE&lis

Luckily he doesn't do that so much anymore. Well, not as often.

So yeah, vocal rather amuses me

PS: Yes he has a prong collar on tied to a chair, he broke out of the crate you can see and it was either that solution or crash since at that age his way to make the car go faster was to get on the dashboard.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

another thing I can't stand is that slurping licking sound. makes me want to rip out my hair lol
This, for me, is a thousand times worse than barking! Ugh, I can't stand it. Worse than nails on a chalkboard. Ripley is always licking some part of him and it drives me nuts. I don't know how many times a day I say "no licking" to him. Too many. He and Winston both are/were horrible lickers.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

can't stand barking anything.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,