Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Top Dog

I hate it. One or two barks, sure that's fine. But relentless barking drives me crazy. My level of insanity definitely depends on the pitch of the bark, but pretty much all incessant barking drives me at least a little insane.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 04-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Noises fine. Barking endlessly, not fine. Cider demand barks, barks for attention, barks to hear herself bark. And once barking you have to get a hold of her to stop her. All the training in the world has done zip. That drives me nuts.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Rumor thinks her voice is beautiful. I tend to disagree. She doesn't bark just to bark, she's just extremely vocal about everything.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
and Spy.

Yes, I can be. Tucker used to drive me mad sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Relentless barking really does my head in. If they bark once or twice at a cat outside or if the mailman walks by, that's fine. But I really cannot stand when they bark and bark and bark. Thankfully Sally is amazing about listening when we tell her to be quiet, and Seamus doesn't really bark at all.

And whining in the car is the worst. It's Sally's only fault, really. She is a car whiner. She doesn't let out a peep on the highway, but as soon as we are on the back roads or whatnot, she will whine and it drives me crazy. Thankfully Seamus doesn't whine ever.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

As much as I hate barking/whining, I hate staring so much more. It is SO RUDE it drives me crazy

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Oh, also, I'm a hypocrite maybe, but my dogs being noisy does not bother me NEARLY as much as when I can hear other peoples' dogs barking from however far away. Sometimes it drives me absolutely nuts, and sometimes it makes me sad because there are several very social dogs/breeds who aren't allowed inside and get very lonely, so they bark. . .all. night.
Fable is loud, but at least she's not a nuisance to others. Just us.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 PM
MyHorseMyRules

I can't stand barking. It drives me crazy. My girls were always very quiet. Boone and I clashed because of his barking at first, but I've mostly got it under control now.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 AM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
The only barking I don't like is when a dog barks at everything and nothing for no reason. And really reactive barkers can drive me nuts sometimes too - you don't need to bark every time you hear a noise outside or inside.
This. I lose it. My ex-friend's Border Collie is like this and I seriously get so irritated. Even more irritating is owners who do NOTHING about her reactiveness & fearfulness, except put a shock collar on her, making her a complete annoying neurotic wreck.

I've never had a really vocal dog. Fozzie makes lots of noises when meeting & playing with other dogs and I like that. People who know dogs know he's just expressing himself. People who don't know dogs are like "heyyy! you be nice!!!" and I'm like "B, stfu. he's met more dogs than yours will ever meet. he's vocal deal with it."

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh another thing Belle does... she'll go outside and bark just to see if anyone is out there to bark back at her lol.

BARK BARK BARK (actually she sounds more like a seal lol) PAUSE... BARK BARK BARK Pause... BARK BARK BARK PAUSE.

No one is there. be quiet already lol

the people behind us leave their dogs out on the porch all the time and they yelp bark frantically to come back in. this can last for an HOUR. How can they stand that? it drives me batty

another thing I can't stand is that slurping licking sound. makes me want to rip out my hair lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney