Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 PM
<--------Orson

I went through this with Orson for the longest time! ARGH! It's so hard for him to resist when the trash can is at nose level, sort of like a drive thru buffet. Not to mention sooooooooooo self rewarding. Anyway, I'll quit rambling and get to the point.

We tried a few different kinds of trash cans to no avail. Kevin ended up building me a heavy trash 'box' He got some MDF board, measured the trash can, and built a box just the right size for the can to fit down in. He included a lid with a drawer knob. He painted it all white, I put white plastic contact paper on the inside so it was easily wiped clean if something from the trash spilled and viola.........Trash fortress of Orson's doom was born The lid was much too heavy for him to attempt a raid.

We used this box for over a year until Orson's habit was broken. Now we have a regular trash can that has a foot step to pop the lid up. Just an average plastic white one from Walmart. We've used it over a year now and have had zero trash raiding incidents
Old 04-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
CaliTerp, that's great to hear!! And I can get it on Prime Amazon for 40 dollars. Worth it I think!
Sooooooo worth it! Lucy gave it to Zach for father's day last year It's easily saved us $40 in cleaning products and frustration.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Active Pup

Default Dog proof trash can

A buddy of mine, who is an aerospace engineer and mechanical engineer, and myself are working on this problem. We are making a dog proof trash can at MansBestCan.com. We want something at the $50 price point rather than the $100+ options out there.