Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-01-2012, 12:55 AM
...ice road...

Sometimes... our dogs pick us and we don't really have a say in it

Or maybe I'm just selfish and want you to keep her so we can keep seeing pictures!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 AM
overdogged

Gah, what an adorable little squish.

What kind of sport dog? Is it a sport that this pup could potentially play? A shelter pup brings *so many* wildcards, so I totally understand your dilemma. Not an easy decision at all!
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Love my pets

Too adorable to give back!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Show Dog

SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute, how could you hand her back over?
Old 04-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Mutts to you

Well, I'm no help... I wasn't planning on getting Riley either but he's turning out pretty well. Put me in the she's-too-darned-cute-it's-karma-keep-her camp.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

Could you foster her for the shelter until the right adopter comes along?

Or foster her for a rescue?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
Gah, what an adorable little squish.

What kind of sport dog? Is it a sport that this pup could potentially play? A shelter pup brings *so many* wildcards, so I totally understand your dilemma. Not an easy decision at all!
If the next dog was my dobie or a herder, I was going to do agility and look into obedience. So basically the same as what I'm hoping to do with Pig.

The new puppy seems pretty fearless. She knocked over a few poles and umbrellas which fell to the floor with a crash and she didn't baulk at all. She was unfazed when I opened an umbrella near her and just seems like a pretty bold pup. She also showed a lot of interest in tugging and playing with some toys. Having Pig as my last puppy may be throwing me off a bit though. She seemed to never need sleep. This puppy played hard with Pig for a while this morning and has been sleeping for almost an hour now. She sleeps like she's dead to the world and she sleeps often. And she wheezes and snores, which is disgustingly adorable.

I know that I've only had her in the house for a few hours, but she's been a really easy pup so far. She made some ungodly noises last night when she first went into the crate to sleep. It soundly like someone was slaughtering her for around 15 minutes. And than she settled down and slept. Whined a bit at 4:00, so I took her outside and she peed right away. Back to the crate where she whimpered for a few seconds before going back to sleep. Woke up again around 8:00, peed again and had breakfast. She definitely wouldn't have any problems transitioning to raw. She was in the middle of eating her kibble when I fed Pig and Bear and she left her own food to try and steal from them. Had the cutest little "hey, your's looks so much better" look on her face.

Pig still thinks she's the best toy ever. Bear is kind of acting like the fun police and trying to body-block the two of them from playing. He's acting a little snarky, but seems to be getting over it.

I emailed my trainer to see what she thinks...but I also asked if the puppy would be able to be enrolled in the classes starting two weeks from now. I may just have lost my mind.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I don't think you should keep her.

You should send her to me.

No seriously, if you have the resources and options... It sounds like you already made up your mind and she is unacceptably cute!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I'd probably keep her myself. I'd be all ITS FATE... But if you think you will regret her maybe she is not your third dog.
Pretty much

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
swimming upstream

the big question I have is.....have you named her? For me, that's what seals the deal. When I wanted to get Baxter--my husband was away when I visited Baxter at the shelter. Husband came home--I said ."there's this dog I want to get....let's talk about it.... His response was--"what did you name him?" When I told him Baxter--he knew it was over-lol!

So--does puppy have a name?