Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Top Dog

Um. I just got done vacuuming and it's 11:30pm. I try to do a little each day, but generally that backfires... So I get massively overwhelmed and end up doing everything on one of my half-days off and get super crabby and crazy about things. It doesn't end well, ever.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 04-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Jerk.

Whats a day off? I work 54-56 hours a week, 7 days a week. Its kind of nice knowing I can afford to heat my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

The trick is I never sleep.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:50 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

No Idea. I don't work 40 hours aweek - but between school & work I have about 45 hours a week that Im out.
I do a little every day - for example Mondays, I vaccuum & mop (I get home at 7pm), Tuesdays I dust, and do other little things (I get home at 5 and still have a bunch of home work to do), Wednesdays I don't have to be at work until 10am, so wednesdays mornings I clean the bathroom before work, after I shower, Thursdays I vacuum again and dust if needed, and sweep my balcony, Fridays I don't have to be at work until 10am so I clean the bathroom again.
I do dishes everyday an laundry as needed. I have a timer on my laundry machine so I can tell it to start in like 8 hours and it will be done by the time I'm home and I only have to hang it up outside.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Who woulda thought <3

im glad to see Im not alone in this

Im having a love-hate relationship with being a "responsible" adult right now lol.. Im going to "TRY" to take 30 minutes a day to straighten up and see how that works out..
Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Top Dog

I (try to) keep up with the kitchen, laundry, etc. -- easy stuff -- and have someone come and do the deeper cleanings.

Now, with two dogs (one of which is going to be a shedding machine when she's grown), I'll probably have to bust out the vacuum more. Boo.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Top Dog

I mostly just don't care. I work 40 hours a week and then at least 10 more at the rescue and Matt is now working 40 hours a week too. Our house is reasonably clean (to our standards) and that's good enough for me. I've heard this rumor that by taking out 30 minutes a day to tidy up you can have your house pretty clean all the time but I think that's a myth perpetuated by the naturally neat people. <suspicious eyes>

I usually freak out and clean the main parts of our house before anyone comes over. And I warn them not to open the door to our room or to my sewing room, lest they get sucked into the abyss.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Frankly, with both of us working 40+ (me a lot +) it got so filthy at the old house that we just hired people to come in an clean every two weeks. We kept it up at the new place. We do laundry, dishes, basic tidying, litterboxes, etc, and they come in an CLEAN.

I am extremely grateful we can afford that.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 AM
<--------Orson

Back when I used to work 2 jobs (one 40 hour, one 15 hour) I had to make a home schedule. Make a REASONABLE schedule........AND stick to it. Maybe Mondays will be dusting and putting away clothes, Tuesdays could be running the sweeper and sorting mail. If you know you are giving yourself 30 minutes, schedule a job or jobs that should take that long and no more. You'll soon find yourself in the habit, and not need a schedule

One thing that helps sooooooooooo much since it's just you (no kids involved) put stuff away to begin with. Have a designated basket for mail..........put it there. If you get something out, put it back. Make things easy and quick to put away. For instance, each of my kids have their own small plastic tote for the bathroom that sits on the shelf. All their toiletries are in it, they can set the basket on the sink, use what they need, toss it back in and put it back on the shelf. I made it easy for them to keep their stuff together and picked up. That makes it easy for me too! LOL
Old 04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I had some help yesterday <3 My boyfriend surprised me yesterday and cleaned my living room and put all the clothes away and took out the trash and cooked me dinner <3