Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 03-31-2012, 04:39 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Default Finkies in the sun and a shameless plug for votes!

Kimma has a stick that comes with a nifty stick-holder built right in!

Serious Bubbles <3

PENTTI HAS A HAPPY

Group picture?

Try again?

Best we're gonna get
Happiest dogs EVER!

SHAMELESS PLUG: Go here and like this page then like our picture to help us win an LED illuminated collar! It would help greatly on our night walks! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Loistava's Jari - 14 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 03-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Those are some seriously cute dogs! Can you tell me about the breed? What are they like?

btw, voted.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
swimming upstream

love that last shot--but I did enjoy the attempts at group picture just as much!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:06 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Thanks for the vote!!!

Well, they are a very interesting breed. They are independent and stubborn, yet want to be with you (not velcro in any way, but they do want to know what you're doing/where you are). They CANNOT take harsh corrections (my male can't really handle any corrections at all - even putting an easy walk harness on him was hurtful in his mind) and are super sensitive. They will even get "upset" if my tone of voice is stern enough. They also remember everything. Kimma has gone so far as to be afraid of EVERY PetSmart grooming area even in stores she has never been to before, just because I took her to one once to get her nails cut.

They often bond strongly with one person, but generally love all people. My youngest, Kimma, is more aloof than my other two, though (breed standard calls for them to be aloof), but they are NOT to be HA in any way. They all LOVE kids and are great family dogs.

As far as other dogs go, the females usually love other dogs, but the males can be a bit iffy with some other males (but they are NOT supposed to be DA). My girls love other dogs (especially bigger ones!), but Pentti is hit or miss (but that's really because he was attacked at a show).

Generally not very biddable, but they are very intelligent. You just have to find what motivates (usually food LOL) and make everything short and fun. As in, SUPER fun LOL. Not off leash dogs really at all, but can be trained to have a decent recall.

They WILL make noise, but some are worse barkers than others. I personally don't mind a vocal dog, but I still train them to know when to quit it. You will never find a better alarm system, though

In terms of energy, as a whole, they do well with a walk or two a day (30-40 minutes), some free-time in the yard, and some training, but are always up for more. They need to be with their people, so they do need a decent amount of attention, even if it's just being in the living room with you while you watch TV.

I can probably talk for hours about these guys

Loistava's Jari - 14 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)