Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

No matter how much we try.. You can't stop bad things from happening. Chalk it up to a learning experience... It is just a part of life

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Only to see if he was worth gold digging lol

No, I can't imagine not having that conversation with him... and like others said, I love him, I'm not going to leave him that easily, warts and all.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Nah. My boyfriend and I have been together for around five years and we're both incredibly boring people. I can't think of any thing he doesn't know about me, and I can't imagine there isn't any thing I know about him. He's a very straight forward good person. I imagine if we ever broke up it would be the most amicable friendliest break up in the history of the world.

If he wanted a prenup to get married (and I don't even care about whether or not we ever get married) I would sign it. He comes from a very rich family and he would never leave me high and dry.

That is the most naive sounding thing I've ever said, lol.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
No matter how much we try.. You can't stop bad things from happening. Chalk it up to a learning experience... It is just a part of life
Exactly. Our pasts and how we have moved through them have helped shape who we are today.

There are always exceptions . . . serial killers . . . but that's not going to show up on a background check

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-29-2012, 02:14 PM
such sights to show you

I wouldn't do a background check. Prenups I waffle on. My problem with them is that they kind of set a tone of expecting to fail, which I don't think is a good way to go into a marriage. It also is sort of a... "what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" kind of thing which I personally don't ascribe to.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
"what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours"
See that's just silly.........Kevin knows what's MINE is mine and what's HIS is mine!

J/K.........mostly! LOL
Old 03-29-2012, 02:53 PM
such sights to show you

Seriously, I don't even get the "my paycheck goes into my account, your paycheck goes into your account" thing for married couples. I know it works for a lot of people, and whatever floats your boat, but... I just personally don't get it.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Top Dog

I won't ever have a SO, but if I did I would not check.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

A background check? Nope, but Tyler and I have been together since Highschool so I pretty much know everything bad that he's done. ha ha

Im kinnda up in the air with the prenup thing. I don't want to sign one, and I actually might refuse to sign one, but I think Tyler would pefer for us to sign one. I guess when we come to that bridge we will cross it, until then, I will try and not think about it lol

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Let it be

I wouldn't do a background check. I would not request a prenup but I would sign one if he did. I'm not so naive to think everyone is 100% truthful about their past. He very well could have skeletons in his closet but I have given him the benefit of the doubt. Apart of being in a relationship is trust and without that... what do you really have?