Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Top Dog

These are the things I was ranting about in another thread, I hate them. Learn to be a person, learn to read people, build relationships and work with people you trust and quit worrying so **** much about what everyone is doing every moment of their lives.

Drug tests for work, I hate them and I don't use anything, not even a **** aspirin. I smoked weed in college 20 years ago maybe 5 times, sue me.

If you can show up for work, do it well and go home, i don't care if you do and neither should anybody else. If you're showing up coked up or on mescalin, people will find out, your work will probably suffer eventually and you'll be canned. your performance will necessitate your employment or lack thereof.

But they were an easy target, druggies are bad. Then it was smokers, easy to vilify, now they're trying to control whether or not they smoke at home even thru taxes and fees.

Now we have credit checks for employment, for insurance rates etc. Just another reason to pry and another reason to exploit more cash.

No private emails at work, no conversation that can't be recorded, video'd and used against you.

On the horizon, you must surrender log in info to email and social media sites to potential employers ( and they shouldn't even be able to ask). Insurance companies put trackers on your vehicles to justify their premiums what's next, I'm thinking cameras in the car on whenever the car turns on.

Soon it will be complete criminal background checks, credit checks, social media checks, body cavity checks etc before you can date somebody's daughter in high school.

and for what? bad **** still happens everyday just like it always has and always will.

Just knock it off already. learn to build relationships, learn to live with other people like and different from you. Do your job and help others when you can. Take time for yourself when you need it and everything will end up ok. Most people are ok, they maybe idiots compared to me but they're ok. I have a feeling most are pretty good at hanging out with people they like to hang out with and avoiding any relationships with people they don't want to have one with.

If you're not, learn from your mistakes and get better. It's called life, one giant learning experience and when you think you've got somethign down, the test gets harder. It's great fun
Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Top Dog

why is D A M N an edited word?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Just to stir the pot, I feel the same way about prenups--if you feel like you might ever need one, why are you getting married?
http://www.law.harvard.edu/programs/...rs/pdf/436.pdf
Plenty of food for thought on that subject.

ETA: Sparks, I did a search and couldn't find any studies having been done. However since it's at most 10% of couples get prenups, and 50% of marriages lead to divorce (60% for remarriages), statistically, I would say the likelihood of a prenup leading to divorce is pretty low.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Top Dog

My husband and I met and married young. We've always been honest with each other, but we don't know EVERYTHING about each other's past. Although, we do know most of the important parts. I couldn't imagine running a background check on someone. If I thought they were being shady, I wouldn't be with them.

Gotta say, though....I really wish my mother had done background checks on her husbands!

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 03-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

I would not do a background check...would not marry someone I felt the need to do one on.

Prenups I think are a bit different. Depending on the situation of course, but often I would assume its more for others piece of mind and just to make things smoother. Like a second marriage where there are already children etc
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Top Dog

The concept of a background check on your OH goes against trusting the person. However, people can seems great but have histories you would never guess. If you found a history of domestic violence, restraining orders, etc, you may not want to be with them anymore. Granted not all cases are reported.

I don't see the point of credit checks however.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
why is D A M N an edited word?
I guess it's considered a curse word

I never understand why p!ss is bleeped........is it any worse than urine or pee? LOL Same with sh!t..........really? Worse than poop? *shrugs* IDK, just don't use the F*** word RTH, you may get expelled from class
Old 03-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
That.

I married for love and only love, God knows it wasn't money, LOL I love him and I'm very secure and confident in his love for me today just as I was 13 years ago. If there was something he neglected to tell me out of fear, pain, whatever reason, I'm sure we could get through it now like we would have then..........there isn't much I could think of that would ever make me leave his side.

I suppose if he revealed he had bodies buried around the backyard...... LOL
That sums up how I feel about the issue -- if I were ever to marry, or even live with someone again.

Bodies? It would depend on why they were there

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
These are the things I was ranting about in another thread, I hate them. Learn to be a person, learn to read people, build relationships and work with people you trust and quit worrying so **** much about what everyone is doing every moment of their lives.

Drug tests for work, I hate them and I don't use anything, not even a **** aspirin. I smoked weed in college 20 years ago maybe 5 times, sue me.

If you can show up for work, do it well and go home, i don't care if you do and neither should anybody else. If you're showing up coked up or on mescalin, people will find out, your work will probably suffer eventually and you'll be canned. your performance will necessitate your employment or lack thereof.

But they were an easy target, druggies are bad. Then it was smokers, easy to vilify, now they're trying to control whether or not they smoke at home even thru taxes and fees.

Now we have credit checks for employment, for insurance rates etc. Just another reason to pry and another reason to exploit more cash.

No private emails at work, no conversation that can't be recorded, video'd and used against you.

On the horizon, you must surrender log in info to email and social media sites to potential employers ( and they shouldn't even be able to ask). Insurance companies put trackers on your vehicles to justify their premiums what's next, I'm thinking cameras in the car on whenever the car turns on.

Soon it will be complete criminal background checks, credit checks, social media checks, body cavity checks etc before you can date somebody's daughter in high school.

and for what? bad **** still happens everyday just like it always has and always will.

Just knock it off already. learn to build relationships, learn to live with other people like and different from you. Do your job and help others when you can. Take time for yourself when you need it and everything will end up ok. Most people are ok, they maybe idiots compared to me but they're ok. I have a feeling most are pretty good at hanging out with people they like to hang out with and avoiding any relationships with people they don't want to have one with.

If you're not, learn from your mistakes and get better. It's called life, one giant learning experience and when you think you've got somethign down, the test gets harder. It's great fun
Great post.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Nope.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.