Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Puppy Dog

we got nutro food for puppies today, simple recipe. He weighs in at 7.5 pounds at 11-12 weeks old. And he has almost no fat, just muscle.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Puppy Dog

we gave him his first bath today
Old 04-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

Very cute puppy!

As everyone said, it can be very hard to tell what a young puppy will grow up to look like. Or what the mature temperament will be. Another consideration is there is a good possibility that this is a "multi-generation mix" meaning that he is the product of mixed breed dogs more than a mix of two purebreds. So you may never be able to narrow what breeds he's mixed with down to just a couple but it's not really that important anyway
Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Puppy Dog

his ears are pulling back like a sighthound. I would not be surprised if he was a multi generation mix. He is very leggy, and when we got him he was 4 pounds and he had worms now he is 12 weeks and is in perfect health. He was 4 pounds at the 7 week mark, thank god he didnt have anything worse than worms when we got him.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
Another consideration is there is a good possibility that this is a "multi-generation mix" meaning that he is the product of mixed breed dogs more than a mix of two purebreds. So you may never be able to narrow what breeds he's mixed with down to just a couple but it's not really that important anyway
Yes, this. When someone has a mix they usually want to know the two breeds that make up their dog. Sometimes there are many, many breeds and it's hard to distinguish any one. Even my Millie- I call her a border collie/lab mix, which are her primary breeds, but she also has chow in her background.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Puppy Dog

i want to know the primary mixes, i know there is more than just say JRT and something else
Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
i want to know the primary mixes, i know there is more than just say JRT and something else
Think about it this way:

A couple hundred years ago (really not that long, if you think about it), ALL dogs were mongrel-ish dogs. At that time, there weren't breeds. There were smaller dogs, there were bigger dogs, there were hairyier dogs, and smoother dogs. There were no breeds.

When humans decided to start making breeds, they took two mongrel-ish dogs and bred them together. Then they bred the offspring with more mongrel-ish dogs, again and agin until they got a dog that they liked and that bred true, and then the breed was born.

So when you have a dog that has so many mixes in it you can't identify any breed at all, think about this: All purebreds came from mixed breeds, not the other way around.

So your dog, rather than being a mix of a bunch of purebred dogs, is very possibly the same "breed" as what those purebreds were bred from hundreds of years ago.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Puppy Dog

i like your thinking, he is very leggy, foxy muzzle/snout, the vet says his bones are big a black stripe going down to half of his back. No fat, just muscle, sleek loves to run. Fur on his paws. His ears go between dropping down and pulling back.

Love him to death no matter what breed he is

Last edited by Garret; 04-29-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Puppy Dog

he might have heat exhaustion. My dad put him outside for about an hour and a half, he had to go to mass. I was accross town, after a night of smoking cigars, and other hijinks. He wont eat, we have to force him to drink water and he has diarhea
Old 04-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Heat stroke is serious and needs to be seen by a vet immediately

I'd keep a close eye on him

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13