Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Default What the *$!*#!

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...144022966.html

http://freerangekids.wordpress.com/2...eeting-f-word/

Honestly, have these people NOTHING better to do that police use of the F-word (in an actually nonoffensive context) by high school seniors?

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-27-2012, 02:07 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Wow that's pretty pathetic. With so many bigger problems in schools and THIS is what they focus on?

BUT.... that being said

Quote:
"If my account is on my own personal account, I don't think the school or anybody should be looking at it. Because it's my own personal stuff and it's none of their business,” said Carroll.
Welcome to the real world sonny. What you post on a public forum can be seen by anyone no matter if they should be looking at it or not. and welcome to the new reality that jobs are now checking these things too.

Right or wrong... you better learn how to keep things private. A valuable lesson in "anything you put on the internet can and WILL be seen by someone you probably don't want to see it" Lesson learned I hope.

But yeah... expulsion? that's outrageous

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Wow.
If using the f-word is grounds for expulsion, like 85% of my high school should have been expelled. And that was before Twitter.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
“I didn't post the thing at school but their computer is saying that I did post it, and I shouldn't be getting in trouble for stuff I did on my own time, on my own computer,” said Carroll.
If he can prove he posted this on his own time from home, then I don't see how they can do this. Even if he DID post this from school, expulsion is pretty harsh for profanity especially since it's not directed towards anyone in particular!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Silence! I ban you!

They are missing an opportunity here. Clearly the boy needs to stay in school and work on his vocabulary.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Top Dog

I don't really have any words other than **** those ****ing mother ****ers.

really

but I remember in high school yelling **** right in the face of my comp and grammer teacher. It was morning, i was picking up my backpack to put in my locker, and the strap broke. In the motion of standing up from being bent over and looking down, to my feet and it broke, I yelled **** right when I stood up, and i happend to stand up right in my teacher's face.

I thought I was done for. She just looked at me, didn't say a word and went to her class and I stood dumbfounded for a minute or two wondering if she was coming back to cut my tongue out or something.

later that day in actual class everyone brought it up and she just said the look on my face told her no further punishment was necessary. Glad I didn't get kicked out
Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I don't really have any words other than **** those ****ing mother ****ers.
watch it... you're on the list

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
watch it... you're on the list

****' em
Old 03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

If he posted it at home then it should be up to the parents to deal with it. If he posted it at school then the school should deal with it. I think permanent expulsion is way excessive though.
I think schools now days worry to much about what children do outside of school and try to control that and discipline for matters they shouldn't, then stuff they should be worrying about.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
****' em
at least buy them dinner first

G.K. Chesterton