Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Top Dog

Were those 4 black people not charged? Were their crimes totally ignored?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...r-old-student/

Found this story....police were actively looking for and investigating the crime.

They are looking into motivation, investigating if its a hate crime. There may be more to to story, (if going to same school rival issues etc) that make it not a hate crime, but regardless, its horrible.

BUT, it is a different story from a man stalking and killing a kid for walking through a neighborhood and NOT being charged with anything.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Were those 4 black people not charged? Were their crimes totally ignored?
Yes, IIRC, they were.

But you seem to be missing the point here. It has not yet been established that Zimmerman commited a crime. The example I shared clearly WAS.

The truth will come out, it has too in a case like this with all this attention. What is sad is so many people have already convicted this guy, or worse....

I think what bothers me the most is that certain people and certain groups almost relish the fact that this happened.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
BUT, it is a different story from a man stalking and killing a kid for walking through a neighborhood and NOT being charged with anything.
This has already been answered here, multiple times. Clearly it does not matter to you WHY he has not YET been charged.

So, stew away in anger I guess. Just remember that nobody here thinks Zimmerman is a hero.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

I am not stewing away in anger? I am discussing a case where MY belief is that the man went out of his way to cause problems and then totally overreacted.

I have actually not really followed the story except for when it first came out. On this forum, this thread happens to be discussing it so I am. I am certainly not the only one posting.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Read this last night, found it interesting:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1384301.html

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
I am not stewing away in anger? I am discussing a case where MY belief is that the man went out of his way to cause problems and then totally overreacted.
I AGREE with you. Zimmerman clearly overreacted and went out of his way to cause a confrontation. What is NOT clear is if he shot Martin in "self defence." Sadly, it seems the police dropped the ball with evidence collection. Why? Who knows, but surely all kinds of people will draw conclusions there.

I said "stew", because I get the feel you have already convicted Zimmerman in you mind and are not happy.

All I know is not ONE good thing can come from this. I fear all that will happen is the race baiters (both sides) will simply have more fuel to fan the flames of hate. And that SUCKS.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

It's one thing to, in your own mind, 'convict' someone of a crime. It's entirely different, and much more serious imo, to 'sentence' them yourself before a trial. I think that's a big difference; people have done both, but I'd rather see people called out for 'sentencing' someone and such, than just being of the opinion, with what information we, the public, are given, that they are 'probably guilty' (even though none of us here seem to be in any sort of disagreement that he obviously deserves a fair trial; that being said, the kid deserves a fair look as well, and calling out marijuana use is not part of that, imo).

My Polyvore
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

All I know is not ONE good thing can come from this. I fear all that will happen is the race baiters (both sides) will simply have more fuel to fan the flames of hate. And that SUCKS.
My hope (and its far fetched) is that it will actually open dialogue on prejudice and media portrayal of "suspicious people". That people will realize a black woman going missing or a black child missing should be JUST as a major news story as a white one..on and on. That people stop seeing "us" and "them" (on all sides)
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
My hope (and its far fetched) is that it will actually open dialogue on prejudice and media portrayal of "suspicious people". That people will realize a black woman going missing or a black child missing should be JUST as a major news story as a white one..on and on. That people stop seeing "us" and "them" (on all sides)
Amen.

Form your opinions about people by what they DO.