Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

No he would have been stabbed and just as dead.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
No he would have been stabbed and just as dead.

if he wanted to kill that boy, he would have done so with or without a gun

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

I do disagree with that...a gun is a lot deadlier and you dont have to be up close and personal to use it. I do feel strongly that having one "can" up the violence in a situation.

That said, I also agree that it is NOT the guns fault here, or that this is somehow proof against conceal and carry (which I admit, I do not like at all). This is solely the fault of the person who pulled the trigger.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Super-Genius

This is nice....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...n-tweet-567891
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I do disagree with that...a gun is a lot deadlier and you dont have to be up close and personal to use it. I do feel strongly that having one "can" up the violence in a situation.

That said, I also agree that it is NOT the guns fault here, or that this is somehow proof against conceal and carry (which I admit, I do not like at all). This is solely the fault of the person who pulled the trigger.
If you are talking about Zimmerman....

How do you KNOW? Its attitudes like this that lead to the link I posted above. You don't KNOW. No one does at this point.

I'm not defending the guy. He is a class one moron for doing what he did. Jackasses like him give any one who takes personal responsibility for their own protection a bad name. IMO, even if it was "self defence", he still needs a manslaughter charge. It seems he started the confrontation. That is not what concealed carry is about. Its about defending yourself when you are attacked, period.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
You beat me to posting that

As I noted in my post, I understand the outrage, but now that we have an investigation, can we dial it back? Even if it had been the right address . . . he's NOT THERE. All they'd be doing is terrorizing his family.

What is wrong with people? I very much feel, based on the evidence available, much of which is not disputed, that Zimmerman a self-important idiot who went looking for trouble. Which does not justify terrorizing anyone, including his family, while the investigation is in progress, or, indeed, once issue is resolved.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
If you are talking about Zimmerman....

How do you KNOW? Its attitudes like this that lead to the link I posted above. You don't KNOW. No one does at this point.
Notice I didnt say whether or not it was justified. The facts we do have for sure...Zimmerman pulled the trigger, the resulting shot killed Trayvon. Therefore Zimmerman killed him.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
You beat me to posting that

As I noted in my post, I understand the outrage, but now that we have an investigation, can we dial it back? Even if it had been the right address . . . he's NOT THERE. All they'd be doing is terrorizing his family.

What is wrong with people? I very much feel, based on the evidence available, much of which is not disputed, that Zimmerman a self-important idiot who went looking for trouble. Which does not justify terrorizing anyone, including his family, while the investigation is in progress, or, indeed, once issue is resolved.
More awesome....

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...dition-twitter

Old 03-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
I think they have a lovely lawsuit against Spike Lee. Which they should file, immediately.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Notice I didnt say whether or not it was justified. The facts we do have for sure...Zimmerman pulled the trigger, the resulting shot killed Trayvon. Therefore Zimmerman killed him.
There is not doubnt that this case is a tragedy. Nobody is saying he did NOT shoot him. Its been said here already that just because he shot him, does not mean he is guilty of murder. My opinion is he might be guilty of something, because he went looking for a fight.

I wonder why this case is so seemingly close to you? Not too long ago, 4 black people doused a white person in gasoline and lit them on fire. All the while screaming (paraphrasing from memory) "this is what you deserve, whitey." This happened in your back yard, St. Louis. (Interestingly enough, a quick BING search does not give me any results. I wonder why?)

Where was the outrage there?