Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

I would try CFL, at least in one or two to see how they do....

We live in a very rural area and power surges on the main line were chewing through light bulbs, we switched to CFL two years ago and not one has burned out, we were not going through quite as many as you, but at least a few a month or more...

If you replace say, two and they blow quick too then I would definetly be concerned about something in your electrical system...
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Top Dog

When I first read the title, I thought it said, "My horse eats lightbulbs." I thought I should stay away from this thread. No, seriously, you ought to ask an electrician or call the utility company. There are some problems that can cause a fire. There may be too much voltage coming in. I think it should be between 115 and 125 volts, not more. Maybe the utility company can come put a meter on it and check for you.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

I would definitely have a professional out to evaluate what's going on. That does not seem normal .

Old 03-28-2012, 04:30 PM
not so newby

Going through bulbs so quickly normally means you having something wrong with the electrical in your house. I'd call an electrician and have them check it out.