Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-27-2012, 10:12 PM
orange iguanas.

My cat is on raw. He is free fed so I have no clue how much he eats lol. But I am trying to put weight on him so I am more than happy to let him eat however much he wants.

I could never afford to feed exclusively canned. It would cost like, $100 a month to feed him! We just started raw a couple weeks ago so I don't know what the monthly average will be, but it's definitely a lot cheaper than that lol. We get ground mixes and our first purchase was 11lbs of meat (few different proteins), and it was a grand total of about $40 - and in the few weeks he's been on it, he's hardly put a dent in the supply, so that'll last a while.

He was never really on a good brand of kibble. Best he got was California Natural but he was only on that for 2 years. Otherwise most of his life has been spent on either Iams or prescription diets. When I would supplement with wet food, we would do a variety - Weruva, BFF, Before Grain, Natures Variety Instinct, Taste of the Wild, basically any somewhat-reasonably-priced grain free foods. And he's always been free fed... lol so I don't even know what a "normal" amount is

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Wookie Collie

June Bug eats Go! Trout formula for her dry. She gets a small amount in the morning, about a quarter cup (she loves her morning crunchies, haha) and a vast array of wet foods as her dinner. She gets approx. 3oz for dinner... so a full tiny can, or half of a medium can.

She has a chicken allergy/intolerance/no-no, so I go for a lot of fishy stuff. Almo Nature, Tiki Cat, BFF, Instinct, Wellness, Go, Weruva/Weruva CITK, EVO... on food stock-up day I literally scour our shelves and grab one or two of each flavour and variety of foods she likes and can eat, and that -I- like. And I have the least picky cat in existence, that helps.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014