Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

I am not sure if I am more disapointed or saddened by such hatred. I feel sorry for those people, holding that much hate serves no purpose besides darkening ones own soul. I'm holding them in prayer.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Not gonna lie? I didn't really get a realistic view of racism until I moved to Mexico, where blonde white girls are not only the minority, but are pretty openly seen as villainous man-eating sluts.
What? You mean they aren't?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Very Food Agressive

Pft I was more angry about the casting for Peeta and Gale honestly. Peeta should have been built more like Gale's actor, he was described as stocky! That scrawny blonde was so not worthy of the Peeta role lol. Gale definitely did not have the look of someone who was underfed most of his life. Neither is Katniss for that matter. I'm not sure why Prim was made so small and frail looking but Kat was almost double her size with curves you don't get on a near starvation diet. *shrugs*

I was disappointed with the movie mostly because the cinematography made me nauseous with all the < 3second scene splicing. Not to mention the altering of some key points like how she got the Mockingjay pin. Also, random addition of Dist 11 riot? Pft.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
When I saw her on the screen I had the same reaction as when I first saw Sweet River Baines on the court and I asked myself, "hey, what's blackie doing out there?"
Is this a reference to something, or an opinion?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 AM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Maybe it's a locational thing..
or because I go to a school in new england full of democrats.. lol but either way I have found my generation to be some of the most accepting, open minded age group

Then again, we all go through our phases in high school of stupidity, but even then, it was just STUPID not racist or cruel.

But in college, then 20+ year olds I know, it is basically a GIVEN that you are open minded to all races, religions, sexual orientations etc..
I have also found this. I feel so lucky to be in my generation because race nor sexual orientation just doesn't seem to matter to the vast majority of teens and young adults I meet.

I also wonder if your region is bad for it because I definitely do not think it is a 'generation' thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Not gonna lie? I didn't really get a realistic view of racism until I moved to Mexico, where blonde white girls are not only the minority, but are pretty openly seen as villainous man-eating sluts.
Wasnt going to post in this thread but I have met a born Naturalized Citizen of Mexico of Mexican Citizen parents that had blond hair and blue eyes.
She had the fair skin of her mother and her sister she shared parents with looked like the stereotypical Mesican.

Black people where pissed off to find out Darth Vadar was a frail white man.

Would I be racist if I had been upset if they had portrayed Batman, Superman, or the Fantastic 4 as black? For the record I would have been. Halle Berry as Catwoman, that was just plain hot.

I saw the Harry Potter movies before I started reading the books,so that Radciff fellow fit very well for me.

The racism is not regional , its popular culture. At least in America I blame the Rap culture, in Mesico I blame the drug culture. I have no idea why the Euros would hate the blacks unless they identify the blacks with the Muslims.

Enough of my sick tired rambling as Im not feeling well.

Quote:
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

Human stupidity knows no bounds.

I don't know why people cannot look past color. I was not raised with racist parents, but I also wasn't raised with parents who constantly lectured me on how people have different colored skin but they're all the same...so on, so forth. I'm ever so thankful that my parents referred to people by their names, and taught us to look at a person's character (what's on the inside is what counts). For example, I didn't have parents who didn't like the black girl on my first soccer team, but neither did the go off on some PC tangent about how "that's Theresa and Theresa's black, but she's just the same as everyone else...we're all people...". My parents said, "That's Theresa, and that's Ashley, and that's Melanie, etc." You get the picture.

I was raised to associate a face with a name. Skin color was just what it was, just like hair color and eye color were just what they were.

With that said, parents need to step up and do a better job with their children. Period. And I know that if I saw my child writing comments like those mentioned, he would find himself doing more community service than he thought possible.

As for me, I loved the picture of "Rue". She looked very similar to what I inferred her to look like.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
What? You mean they aren't?
o_O

Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Cloudcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
Pft I was more angry about the casting for Peeta and Gale honestly. Peeta should have been built more like Gale's actor, he was described as stocky! That scrawny blonde was so not worthy of the Peeta role lol. Gale definitely did not have the look of someone who was underfed most of his life. Neither is Katniss for that matter. I'm not sure why Prim was made so small and frail looking but Kat was almost double her size with curves you don't get on a near starvation diet. *shrugs*

I was disappointed with the movie mostly because the cinematography made me nauseous with all the < 3second scene splicing. Not to mention the altering of some key points like how she got the Mockingjay pin. Also, random addition of Dist 11 riot? Pft.
I felt the same way

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I didn't read all the replies but was anyone else sadly not surprised at the terrible use of grammar and spelling in the bigotry posts?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.