Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Spring/Summer Vacations

Has anyone planned theirs yet?

We finally have ours all set and entirely booked! What a relief. We decided to rent a house with a pool on the beach rather than drive from hotel to hotel. We're going to do day trips to the cities and volcanoes we want to see, but I'm most excited about the beach! The Pacific Ocean is just a staircase down from the house we're renting with a private beach! I can't wait to relax with a cuba libre by the pool.

Here are a few pictures of the view from the house we're staying it. Forgot to mention it's in Nicaragua.

So, share what you're doing this upcoming Spring/Summer. I LOVE vacations so I would love to hear about them!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 03-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Umm I want to do way too much stuff down there? LOL man, it's rediculous. I'm trying to narrow it down a bit, but, ahhh

Other than that, nothing really... a couple week long or longer pet-sitting things in the city, may fly down (or potentially road trip) to Alberta/BC at one point.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Blonde Raccoon

I'm going to Norway on Friday, which I guess is kinda cool.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

We're going to St George for our wedding anniversary with the dogs in June. I'm excited about that. We haven't been to the beach in FOREVER.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Mutts to you

Making our annual pilgrimage to the Outer Banks, NC. House is rented, house/pet sitter arrangements made. Staying at the same beachfront house as in previous years - it's dog friendly so the Stripey Boy comin' along. Brother and his family are going this year, and I think my sister and her family are coming down, too. Should be fun!

Views from top balcony of the house we're renting

We're gonna have a ball!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Making our annual pilgrimage to the Outer Banks, house is rented, house/pet sitter arrangements made. Staying at the same beachfront house as in previous years - it's dog friendly so the Stripey Boy comin' along. Brother and his family are going this year, and I think my sister and her family are coming down, too. Should be fun!

Views from top balcony of the house we're renting

We're gonna have a ball!
You should come through Tennessee on I-40

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Mutts to you

Yeah, I think we tried the 'northern' route last year - taking I-64 east and then straight south to Greensboro. Google said it was a shorter route but it seemed to take a lot longer and a good portion was a toll road. That was pretty annoying.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Felurian

Would love to meet you guys if you come through on I-40, even just for a travel break. You'll pass right by me.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Would love to meet you guys if you come through on I-40, even just for a travel break. You'll pass right by me.
Does time matter? I think we hit Tennessee at around 1 or 2 am (depending on the time we leave home).

Old 03-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Umm I want to do way too much stuff down there? LOL man, it's rediculous. I'm trying to narrow it down a bit, but, ahhh

Other than that, nothing really... a couple week long or longer pet-sitting things in the city, may fly down (or potentially road trip) to Alberta/BC at one point.
Hehehe! It's funny how Orlando is SUCH a vacation destination! I don't think much of it since I live here. I'm looking forward to doing DISNEY with you! That will be so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortilla View Post
I'm going to Norway on Friday, which I guess is kinda cool.
Uh, totally JEALOUS here! I wish I lived in Europe so I could have easier access to so many countries! We almost moved to Amsterdam a couple of years ago and the ability to travel was one of the main reasons I wanted to move there!

I'm really looking forward to the QUICK flight this year for our trip! It will be so nice to have a big house and an awesome outdoor area to kick back and relax in.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep