Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
such sights to show you

I think the vegetarian feed thing is playing on people's fears of stuff like mad cow disease/other boogeymen transmitted in feed made from animals. Not saying it's a legitimate fear, just by way of a marketing explanation.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Top Dog

The movement garnered momentum by medializing the "pitiful" plight of dogs kept on chains and cable tie-outs. Even people, who kennel their dogs, jumped on the bandwagon. And then they realized that the wagon was headed for their homes to liberate and save the dogs from cruelty caused by being crated/kenneled...

These types of people conveniently chose to overlook the active cruelty and neglect laws, and instead find ways to garner themselves 15 minutes of fame for being "heroes".

My basic argument is this:

Chains, tethers, kennels, and crates are inanimate objects uncapable of causing cruelty and/or neglect onto living beings.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Exactly. Why create more laws if we are finding ourselves incapable of the ones we already have in place? No dogs will stop suffering because of it. We need to get more people interested in helping animals, and enforce the animal welfare act as it is already written. There's a reason we don't have the 'Animal Rights Act' and I'd personally like to see that it's kept that way.

My Polyvore
Old 03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Bite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
chickens eat chicken too

I think, I knew this. I think I just CHOSE to NOT remember it.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Top Dog

well it's a good thing I'm here to remind you of the important stuff
Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

If the chicken that chased me around as a child is any indication of what chickens eat, then I would like to add 'children' to their list of preferred foods.

I am sure that thing was trying to eat me.

My Polyvore
Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Bite me.

LMAO! Where we live we have HUGE ravens. They will sit in the trees and look in the windows of the house and it keeps running through my head, "Yep, they'd eat me."

Ok I will admit to myself chickens eat chickens. Just had some YUMMY Coq au Vin, so I guess I'm not much better.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
LMAO! Where we live we have HUGE ravens. They will sit in the trees and look in the windows of the house and it keeps running through my head, "Yep, they'd eat me."

Ok I will admit to myself chickens eat chickens. Just had some YUMMY Coq au Vin, so I guess I'm not much better.
Because my name is Raven, I always get associated with the birds.
People would joke about it. "Your family is circling me make them stop!"

My Polyvore
Old 03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

It's a chicken eat chicken world out there.

These laws are nothing more than "feel good" laws. They enable someone to feel good about themself, as if they actually did something positive to save a poor wittle doggy, yet it requires hardly any real effort on their part.

Dogs Deserve Better is an organization with which I have GINORMOUS issues. I might even despise them more than PETA. They advocate the stealing, err rescuing, of any dog seen on a chain/tie-out (regardless of whether the dogs are actually suffering of cruelty or neglect. In fact, they even advertised when they were going to be in certain areas, and they wanted people to give them the addresses of dogs that are tethered (whether 5 minutes or 24 hours). I was kinda hoping they would've shown up at my house. I had my 30.06 and .22 in prime working order.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I can't stand either of them. They both seem to like to steal pets, or let them go to run out into the world and die, when there is nothing wrong with them. I'm sure DDB has helped SOME abused dogs, but the sweeping generalizations have hurt far more than they've helped. I've had first-hand experience of that with people trying to get me to sign their petitions to pass anti-tether laws in the place I moved here from in VA. I got an earfull of BS when I stated why I refused to sign that petition.

These people seem to rally behind dogs having feelings and emotions, and hey, that's great, I agree, they have those things. But dogs are also individuals, and just because you saw a dog on a chain that was neglected and miserable doesn't mean that my dog sitting on a tether for an hour or three hours is going to mentally scar him and cause him to shut down and go on a rampage killing children. When you ask for proof of what they claim, they can't give it to you. But they want to make it law? Get out of here with that.

My Polyvore