The fat dog

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Here are my day 1 pictures. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have some good comparison pics. Yes my yard needs mowing.

The feet- eek!

After an hour + of grooming

He has feet!

The pile of hair I removed from him:

Then came bath where you can see how freaking fat he has gotten.

Hopefully soon he will be shaped more like Summer.

If you're wondering... he's still very weird

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
He's liking it so far. Probably sick of me grooming him and bathing him, haha. We went on a hike today and he actually kept up okay. He wasn't running ahead of me like my dogs were but he kept up better than I thought he would.

He's going back till I get a final ok from the landlord but it's looking good right now that it will be permanent.

SarahHound

Bless him, he is rather porky looking, but already looking better after his bath and groom! He'll be in good shape in no time :D

When will you find out from the LL?

ACooper

Wow, you really worked your magic.........he looks much better all groomed and bathed, LOL

Poor Mia.....looks like she's taking all this very hard :rofl1:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
*waves hello to Beau*

Hopefully we'll see much more of him soon :)

Toller_08

He is still as cute as ever, though! I am sure you will have him in tip top shape in no time. I really hope you're able to get the go ahead from your landlord. :)

JacksonsMom

"I'm not fat, I'm fluffy" is the first thing that popped into my mind. :rofl1:

Awwww he's a handsome boy. I can't wait to see what you can do with him!

lizzybeth727

Honestly he's not nearly as fat as I thought he'd be. Getting him on an appropriate amount of food and a little more active, I'd say in a month he should be at a healthy weight. It's really amazing how dogs gain/loose weight so much faster than humans.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Wow, you really worked your magic.........he looks much better all groomed and bathed, LOL

Poor Mia.....looks like she's taking all this very hard :rofl1:
Gosh I hate grooming him! He has about 5 times the hair of my dogs. It wasn't like that until he got neutered then he went POOF. It's awful, you really have to chop his hair to get him to look like a dog nowadays.

Honestly he's not nearly as fat as I thought he'd be. Getting him on an appropriate amount of food and a little more active, I'd say in a month he should be at a healthy weight. It's really amazing how dogs gain/loose weight so much faster than humans.
I'm hoping so! Right now he seems to be doing well but jumps on any opportunity for food.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's amazing what a difference neutering makes isn't it? I know it takes me about four comb sweeps to get through Vinnie and half a day to get through the cottony mess that is Booker.
I don't even really have to brush Summer and Mia. If I go a month without even running a comb through their hair, the only place they mat is behind their ears. Beau is a mess. I never would have neutered him if it had been my decision. He also didn't get fat until he got neutered.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's amazing what a difference neutering makes isn't it? I know it takes me about four comb sweeps to get through Vinnie and half a day to get through the cottony mess that is Booker.
By the way do you have any suggestions for neutered papillon coats? He looks like a pom. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.