Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Default Spring cleaning....

... on my hard-drive that is.

I decided to sit down tonight and seriously just go through ALL my pictures. I had been doing so good at keeping them organized but have noticed they haven't been as much lately, and I'm kind of all over the place - I have half of them in my iPhoto, and some in folders in other places, and then a ton of stupid pics just not worth keeping.

So yeah going through 2010 and 2011 and trying to find the best of the best. And it's HARD. I have to say I have an issue with deleting pics. Even if I know they're not worth keeping... It's hard for me to hit the delete button. LOL. And I've realized that about 90% of my photos are of Jackson. Are they are *all* REALLY necessary?

Oh, also deleting iTunes songs.... I used to be really into having like a gagillion songs on my iPod and now I rarely listen to them and when I do, it's only a small selection. NO need to have 5000 songs cluttering up my computer.

So... cleaning! I had to take a break and post on chaz.

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

I have a hard time deleting pictures too. Unless they're really, truly bad, I tend to keep everything. I've gotten better about it, but there's always a part of me that says "no! what if I need that picture one day?!". Silly really, when I have a whole bunch more that are much nicer and that I like a lot more, haha.

As to your other question, yes. Yes we really do need hundreds of pictures of our dogs. I have a lot of pictures of Tango, and I still wish I had more.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

Good luck!

I keep pretty much everything, too. I always think "But I could edit it into something cool!" knowing that it's hopeless.

Every time I get a new computer I think THIS TIME I'll keep it organized. Right lol. I need to go and at least tag my dogs in all the pictures so I can search for whatever dog I'm looking for.

Everything somehow makes its way to a "stuff" folder on my desktop, and when it gets a bunch of stuff in it it goes to the "all the stuffs" folder in my documents.

I'd rather have too many pictures than too few. I have only a few of the dog I grew up with, and only one of my other childhood dog Even Max I only have about a dozen or so of.