Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Active Pup

$105.00 for the first class so far, more than than on Toys and Training aides. Starting another class soon. The first was a puppy class, now we need intermediate and then advanced and then CGC and Therapy Dog Training.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

I am in the 'I don't want to know' club as well. Right now? about $250.00 in privates a month. Plus I do seminars, at least 2-4 a year and that can increase when I include the behavioral ones.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Are you dead yet?

A few hundred for Eve, mostly for herding lessons. Hundreds more for Dakota who did agility. None for Dash, who missed out on puppy classes.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

More money than I care to think about

However we have had more than an equal amount of fun...and it will pay off if/when we do compete later in the game...

Money well spend!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 03-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutts View Post
$0.00!! I did it all myself. Hard work but I am enjoying it. I don't agree with a lot of trainers in my area (just the local PetSmart personel that have literally no idea what they are doing) so I decided to do it on my own and my dog knows all basic commands...
I did all that for basic obedience, too, but needed the classes to polish what I taught. Plus, it's fun getting out and being around other dog people on a regular basis. We have a lot of very good trainers within a half hour from us.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
mutts

I wouldnt mind taking her to some sort of class for the socialization but that would literally be the only reason. No we don't compete at all so I have no need for such things although I have been curious about flyball and frisbee.
My husband and I walk by the trainers working at PetSmart and hes like-- that's such a joke, they should be paying you to do it lol.
I've actually taken on a few peoples dogs locally and worked them a bit free of charge for fun. I enjoy the challenge!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
BusterLove

Probably about a thousand on Quinn.

$100 puppy class.
$100 Manners Class
$200 odd on agility
$400 on the only seminar we've made it to so far.
$300 odd on herding
$150 0n our first bit of Training in drive which I've been too caught up to even start.

Ergh, don't even want to think about it.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
I did all that for basic obedience, too, but needed the classes to polish what I taught. Plus, it's fun getting out and being around other dog people on a regular basis.
Definitely this. I'm perfectly capable of teaching my dogs everything they need to know for rally, and have taught others as well. But it's fun yo go and run a course that you did not design, get input from people that can actually see you working your dog and what bad habits you have that you might not be aware of, what your dog may be doing when you're not looking, etc. And although I don't usually join them, our training group usually has dinner together every so often especially before heading home from an out-of-town trial. It's fun to hang out with dog people at trials, when you'r waiting for your class or between classes. It's not just about training the dog, it's so much more than that.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

I so don't want to know. Meg was in agility class weekly for about six years; I just recently pulled her out. I love the class, I love the people, it is my favorite part of the week. But she doesn't always want to run, and at this point in her career - she's not getting much out of it. Hopefully Gusto will be ready to join that class this summer. I love his class as well (he's been in weekly pretty much since I got him).

I'm such a geek, some nights I go hang out at Meg's class even though she isn't in it anymore

Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Top Dog

I'm another that doesn't even want to know. Luckily, working at a training center pays off as I can't even imagine how much I would be spending if I had to pay for classes.

Classic has been in agility classes since 6 months old, so that's two years straight right there. Right now he's in one agility class and one rally class.

Zuma wouldn't be that much really, a couple seminars here and there (that I do pay for) but I've trained her mostly myself so I would've just had to pay for ring time and the random private session.