Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Sport Model Pug

I don't want to know lol! But honestly, whatever large amount i've spent on trialling and training is worth it because Izzie and I both love it!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

Nothing! Well, I bought a clicker and treats, but that's it.

My Photos
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

Honestly? Probably around $6000.

Agility classes are $185 per 7 week session, and there are 5 sessions per year. We've been doing agility for 3 years. Private lessons are $85/hour, and we do around 7-8 of those a year. Obedience was another $150. The behavior consult was $300. Herding lessons were $50 for a half hour (though we only did 3 or 4 of those).
Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

To be honest, I have no idea. A lot, though. I'd guess close to or over a thousand dollars. Probably more. I can train most things on my own, but I love going to training classes, and I always end up learning something new and/or learning how to do something better. I haven't taken any classes in a year though because I can't find a trainer in my end of the city that 1) has classes that don't interfere with my work hours, and 2) trains for what I want. I'm thinking about taking them to a trainer that's like a 15min walk from my house though anyway. I like their methods, and it's close to home. The only thing is that they're pet dog trainers and that's not really something I need, which is why I haven't gone to any of their classes despite how close it is. It looks like they have a fear/reactivity class though that might be beneficial to Dance.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Kotah BEAR

So far $0. Once some stuff gets settled, I plan on trying Penny in agility and obedience. I would try her in herding but she is definitely not a herding Aussie, someone told her she was not suppose to herd and she listened lol
Her brother on the other hand, LOVES to herd Penny. I keep telling daddy he needs to get Bear into herding because he would love it.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Top Dog

$80, so far, and it hardly counts. I did a CGC class at petco. I was the only student, so basically I paid $80 to be allowed to train in petco for a couple hours a week without being asked to leave.

I'd like it to be more, but finding a class near me that uses methods I'm comfortable with for obedience has proved to be basically impossible. Most 'training schools' in the area don't have competitive obedience classes (just in-the-house obed) and the ones that do require a prong and no treats, which isn't how I roll. I'm going to be done with college in eight days, and I'll have more free time, so I'll hopefully be able to widen my net some.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
overdogged

I really.... don't want to think about it. Same with vet bills
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Mutts to you

I just signed up for agility classes...again. I don't want to know how much it costs per year... More importantly, I don't want my sister to know (we pool our money and share expenses on everything). I don't complain when she wants to fly/drive out of state for fencing competitions and she doesn't complain about the dogs' classes.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

Not as much as you. Probably in the $500+ range for the two combined, since I only take "ring ready" classes like rally, conformation handling, etc. and most of those are $10 per class for drop-ins. Everything else I do myself, this time around I didn't even do any Rally drop-ins before the trial.

I really want to get at least Gavroche into an agility class though. I may not ever compete with him, but I know he enjoys it. If I'm not going to be spending money on entry fees for him I may as well put it into something else he enjoys.

I shudder at how much I've spent on trials and shows In entry fees alone I spent $154 last weekend for 2 days, plus gas, hotel, food, self serve dog wash, car repairs, etc...
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM
orange iguanas.

$600 on training classes. And all of that, except for one $150 class, was just for fun. I just like taking classes. If I had the extra money and a more predictable work schedule, I can think of a couple other classes I'd loooove to sign up for right now haha.

I'm more concerned about how much money I've wasted buying treats lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013