Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Puppy Dog

Talking Luv my vet...Amazing!

I got a wonderful call last night!
My bff, who is a vet tech just got engaged to my vet and................
Since I'm having a knee replacement surgery on Tuesday (due to my accident) I will not be able to drive for several months and I was worried about not being able to take Lilly for her first vet apt. (8 week shots etc..) Jeff (my vet) has given me such an amazing gift..
First thing Monday morning my bff Michelle will be picking Lilly up and taking her to work with her (she promised Lilly will stay in her office not in a kennell LOL) and Jeff will be giving her all her shots, her 2nd worming, complete phycial exam with labs etc..starting her heart worm prevent, groom with nails and teeth cleaning, flea treatment and sending her home with 6 months of flea and heart worm meds........all for FREE!!!!!!!! I don't even have to leave my couch! I feel like its Christmas!!!!! I am sooooo blessed and so is Lilly!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Behavior Nerd

Sounds like a very generous offer for sure! I would caution you to perhaps spread some of that out, especially since Lilly is so small.

My vet suggests spacing out vaccines from each other and flea and heartworm preventatives, and I do flea and heartworm preventatives 7-10 days apart too, even for my adult dogs, just so that their body only has to deal with one chemical at a time.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Love my pets

Congrats! It's nice having a bff like this & a great vet too!