Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-14-2012, 10:50 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Default Skin care?

What do you do for skin care?

I turn 21 next month, but my skin looks like the skin of a 15-year-old. It's starting to get old - fast. So, now, I've declared war upon my skin because I would love to have clear skin. I bought better makeup that won't clog my pores, awesome cleanser and creams (not crap like clearsal that just dries up your skin) as well as this (nasty smelling) mask from Lush.
Cost a fortune, but its really starting to work (even after 4 days).

So, how much time and care do you invest in your skin?

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Are you dead yet?

My skin bounces between super oily and super dry on a moment's notice. Usually when it's warm out it's oily, and when it's cold out it's dry.

I've found that keeping my skin flushed clean and moisturized makes a bigger difference in my complexion than the products I use. I use a walnut-shell scrub on my nose, which sheds skin cells like they're going out of style, a couple times a week. I use a sugar scrub on the rest of my face, as it's not as abrasive as the walnut shells.

Since I'm in Ohio right now and it's very cold and dry, I can't use even a natural soap on my face or it'll dry out and get flaky looking. It isn't my favorite scent (smells like vapo rub) but the plain Noxzema in the blue tub works wonders on my skin. I drench a washcloth in hot water and lay it over my face for a few moments, then use the washcloth to work in a dab of noxzema and rinse with cool water.

I don't use masks often anymore unless I make them myself. I last used one that was amazing, I don't remember what it was called or who made it, but it was a pitch black charcoal mask and it made my skin absolutely glow after I washed it off.

I use olay or aveeno moisturizers. That's the one thing I wish I had the $ to splurge on is a good, lightweight moisturizer.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Felurian

I've gone through several, and liked several, but have ditched the past and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what I'm getting from the simple ghasoul soap followed up with argan oil that I get from this site. http://www.zibbet.com/MoroccanSelection

Can't wait to get a canister of the ghasoul clay.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Kristen1980

I have very sensitive dry skin so I use non smelling Curel Ultra Healing. I don't spend a fortune on my skin but I stick with the products that work that aren't too cheap or too expensive.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Twin 2.0

I use the Arbonne FC5 line (the oil-control line; cleanser, day cream with SPF15 and night cream) with the RE9 eye cream. I have also started using the St. Ives Anti-Aging scrub a few times a week for exfoliation.

It's kind of pricy, but I get it with the consultant discount because my rep is awesome like that. It also lasts for a really long time and I really like that it's all natural stuff with no crazy tar residues or anything.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

I use a general face wash, and that's all I have to do. My acne is hormonal, so as long as I can keep my skin clean and not dried out, I'm good.

I've tried everything in the past, though, including detox, antibiotics, prescriptions, just about everything in that aisle of the store...just everything. Nothing worked.

Two weeks on birth control. Bam. Clear face, clear chest, clear back. It was amazing. Well, until I got on full-strength Yaz. Might as well not be doing anything for me. My hormones are all out of wack.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I use J&J 5.5 scrub twice daily and a locally made, earth friendly moisturiser. I had a horrible skin as a teenager but its cleared up really well now. Its a bit dry but otherwise, I'm lucky.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Resident fainting goat

I have T-zone oily skin issues...

I only use Keihl's products for my face. Gentle yet effective

I'd say time wise I spend about 25 minutes a day (10 in the morning and 15 at night for the whole process)
I wash my face in the morning, apply moisturizer (with SPF).. then primer..then tinted moisturizer (I don't use heavy makeup because it clogs my pores)
and wash it again at night, with eye makeup remover (to take off mascara) then moisturizer all over and eye cream for my eyes.

My face wash in the morning is more gentle, its just a general brightener/cleanser.. my nightime one is more of a gentle scrub to really get all the grossness of the day off lol

Oh and I wash my pillow cases every 3 days.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 PM
orange iguanas.

I have a Clarisonic that I use twice a day. In the morning, I use Purity by Philosophy facial cleanser. At night, I use Clean & Clear "3-in-1 exfoliating cleanser". I follow up with moisturizer both times, which right now is just cheap Target brand moisturizer; I'll probably be upgrading next time I need some.

The Clarisonic has helped more than anything, I don't think it would matter much what cleansers I used. I can't see myself ever having totally clear skin, but it's definitely a lot better than it was a couple months ago.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Well, it's day 5 on war, and I must say, it's working.

I've been using Avené products and really washing my face often, and it's really helping. My forhead is completly clear, as well as my hairline. I just have some stuborn areas to get rid of now.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.