Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Default Lawmaker Proposes Ban on Aborting Dead Babies

It is not the Onion. This gentleman thinks it should be illegal to abort a dead baby. After all, farm animals don't mind stillbirths.

http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/20...p#commentsArea

1) Explain to me how banning the abortion of dead babies (not just those that won't survive birth, but actually dead ones) is pro-life.

2) Explain to me, sir, how you are not a complete misogynistic pig.

3) I believe the phrase for this is "jumping the shark."

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

The American people NEED to put a stop to these lawmakers and politicians who don't want to mind their own business. This is absolutely insane!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-14-2012, 11:56 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Lovely. Did you see the one in Kansas where it's okay for doctors to lie to pregnant women if their ultrasound shows the fetus has any sort of issue? Nevermind if the baby is likely to be born with a severe defect and the woman could use time to prepare to deal with a special needs child and the associated required resources...she *might* be more likely to choose to abort so it's a-okay if an anti-abortion doctor deliberately lies by telling her the baby is a-okay.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

Oh wow Shai! I didn't hear of that one.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Felurian

Aren't these the same sorts of wingnutters who are always accusing the other side of wanting to open the way for things like Sharia? Now, if this isn't a case of attempting to force one's own religious beliefs on an entire population by governance, what is?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Felurian

Sorry, the macabre side of my brain just kicked in . . . all the preoccupation with a zombie apocalypse, Walking Dead, etc., and now having to carry dead fetuses to term?

Coincidence???????

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
& the Muttly Crew

http://www.care2.com/causes/kansas-w...-abortion.html

Not the original link I read but you get the point.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Aren't these the same sorts of wingnutters who are always accusing the other side of wanting to open the way for things like Sharia? Now, if this isn't a case of attempting to force one's own religious beliefs on an entire population by governance, what is?
Is it a tenet of ANY existing religion that a woman must give birth to a baby that is known to be stillborn, even though doing so is a risk to her life and health?

These people are inventing a new religion . . . one so obsessed with the sanctity of the unborn and the prevention of abortion that they will defy common sense and common decency to prevent any removal of an embryo or fetus from the womb prior to birth, regardless of the circumstances. They have moved from the understandable, if controversal, desire to preserve the life of human embryos and fetuses and are now trying to prevent any interference with the womb for its own sake. Its bizarre.

Edit: I'll also point out that this sort of extreme stuff really, really hurts their cause. I think most people can at least sympathize with the desire to protect future children, especially in the later stages of pregnancy. But this sort of thing makes the pro-life movement come off as a bunch of lunatics (or at least, people with lunatics for allies).

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Felurian

It's not a new religion, Lil. It's an old one. The oldest one. Worship of Power for It's Own Sake.

Ever read Joseph Campbell's series, The Masks of God? I think it's the first book that covers this. Maybe the third.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 PM
such sights to show you

Yay small government!!!!! :/