Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Active Pup

I dont have any advice, but want to say you are in my thoughts!!! HUUUUGGGSSSSSS
Old 03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Thanks everyone ((((HUGS))))

The stanford page on SP/Hag Phenomenons says that more than one episode in a six month period is considered a valid time to seek medical advice.
I wonder if two nights in a row repeatedly through each sleep cycle counts, lol.

My Polyvore
Old 03-13-2012, 07:14 PM
swimming upstream

wow--what a horrifying thing to go through--I hope you find something that helps you. I can't imagine how terrifying that would feel.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

wow that just sounds so scary. I have no advice other than to offer my support and (((HUGGIES)))

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

Yikes! I hope you find something that helps you sleep. I can't imagine going through that.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Top Dog

((((HUGS))))) I'm sorry, that really sounds horrible, I hope you will find a way to get peaceful sleep very soon.

I had a nightmare a few weeks ago.... It was a nightmare, and I "woke up" into another dream; it was a dream within a dream. When I actually woke up it took about 20 minutes for me to finally convince myself that I was definately awake, not dreaming again. I can't describe how incredibly disorienting the experience was.

And it sounds like your nightmares are much worse. ((((((MORE HUGS))))))

My roommate in college had sleep paralysis, but it was only when she took afternoon naps and it was warm in the room. I hope that the solution to your sleep problems will be that simple!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
((((HUGS))))) I'm sorry, that really sounds horrible, I hope you will find a way to get peaceful sleep very soon.

I had a nightmare a few weeks ago.... It was a nightmare, and I "woke up" into another dream; it was a dream within a dream. When I actually woke up it took about 20 minutes for me to finally convince myself that I was definately awake, not dreaming again. I can't describe how incredibly disorienting the experience was.

And it sounds like your nightmares are much worse. ((((((MORE HUGS))))))

My roommate in college had sleep paralysis, but it was only when she took afternoon naps and it was warm in the room. I hope that the solution to your sleep problems will be that simple!
That 'dream within a dream' thing is part of this as well. When I got up last night, er, rather, 5:30 in the morning to make my coffee after deciding "right, that's enough of that then", I pinched myself more than a dozen times to make sure I was REALLY awake.

I get that a lot too. I hate it.

My Polyvore
Old 03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Cloudcandy

O h god,I am so so so sorry for you right now.This seems like a horrible thing to go too.I have no advice other than to see a doctor asap.Vibes and hugs for you xxx

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

As I posted in my other thread (should've posted here too, sorry) I have not had another episode since the last morning one I mentioned. My dreams have gone back to being the regular weird, Tim Burton-style dreams they once were, making me uncomfortable all the same.

I am not afraid to sleep, now. That is the good thing.

My Polyvore
Old 03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Cloudcandy

Glad to hear that Are you planning on going to the doctors,this sounds like a very disturbing sleep problem!

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket