Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-12-2012, 10:46 PM
orange iguanas.

Default Vibes for my kitty, please.

The vet thinks he has intestinal lymphoma.

Only way to confirm it would be to have an endoscopy done, which unfortunately I'd have to go to a specialty practice for and pay full price... my vet was thinking $1000+ just for the procedure alone. And if if he does have cancer... then what? Could we even afford treatment after that?

She's suspicious because, last week we diagnosed him with IBD. He had a full blood panel ran and a urinalysis done and everything was looking good, so this was the only logical explanation to his chronic vomiting. He was prescribed metronidazole for a week, Cerenia for 4 days, weekly B12 injections, and a diet change. That was last Wednesday (March 7) and thus far nothing has changed. Today I expressed concern that he hates the new food - he hadn't touched it in just over 24 hours. So the vet says okay, let's try another rx diet and see if he eats that. Then I tell her that he's still been vomiting daily, so he hadn't responded to any of the medication. That's when she started muttering expletives under her breath.

I (cautiously) asked her how she felt about a raw diet and she actually wasn't opposed to it, she just thinks at this point a diet change isn't going to do it. I'm still going to switch him over to raw anyway because giving that a shot is better than putting him back on a food that I know he doesn't do well on (and thankfully, as much as my mom hates raw, at this point she's willing to give almost anything a try).

I was given metoclopramide today as well so hopefully that will have better results than the Cerenia did.

I just need vibes for my Jinx. He's only 10 years old and just a couple weeks ago I was saying how lucky we were that so far he's been rather healthy. I hate seeing him this way, he's lost over a pound since November, he has like no muscle whatsoever and I just want my favorite cat in the world to be better.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 03-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Top Dog

Oh no Cats tend to be more sensitive to diet than dogs so hopefully the raw diet fixes him up, or at least the med will. Poor baby.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Love My Mutt <3

(((((hugs))))) and <<<<vibes>>>> for you and Jinx.

Is there a reason he isn't on Prednisone? (other than the obvious bad side effects..) I know it's not the best thing to be on long term, but I know that was basically the last effort that we were to use for Rascal if it was decided it WAS lymphoma/lymphosarcoma. It would at least relieve some symptoms and give better quality, at least in his case. I know he was a ferret, so I really don't know if that's the case with cats as well. (Mind you, he passed before we tried Prednisone, from other health issues)

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Very Food Agressive

Poor Jinx Hope kitty boy is ok.

>>>vibes<<<

Lacquer Ninja

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Felurian

~~~~Vibes~~~~~

This was passed on to me by Hopeful Hooves rescue. She swears she has had a 100% recover rate with it.

Quote:
Absolutely. You need to get a natural plant call Blood Root. It is available in died form. Use about a table spoon of it twice daily in American cheese slices rolled up in a ball. It will out the cancer in about 6-8 weeks. The tumor will not disappear, but it will become harmless. I have used this many times myself and it always works. If the cancer has become systemic, repeat for another 6-8 weeks. It has always worked with dogs and horses for me. I have two horses I have used it on in the last year and it worked perfectly. Vet had pronounced both terminal. Both are doing well. Dosage is trial and error, don't over do it because it is strong stuff. Only use the natural form of it. I get it from reservation friends as I am Cherokee and have access to it. The root is dark brown and peach colored inside. It looks like hard little twigs in natural form. For skin cancer it can be ground up, mixed with a water soluble gel like KY lubricant and applied topically 2-3 times weekly and it will also work. Be careful as it is strong stuff!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 AM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
(((((hugs))))) and <<<<vibes>>>> for you and Jinx.

Is there a reason he isn't on Prednisone? (other than the obvious bad side effects..) I know it's not the best thing to be on long term, but I know that was basically the last effort that we were to use for Rascal if it was decided it WAS lymphoma/lymphosarcoma. It would at least relieve some symptoms and give better quality, at least in his case. I know he was a ferret, so I really don't know if that's the case with cats as well. (Mind you, he passed before we tried Prednisone, from other health issues)
Prednisone is an option... I'm a little hesitant to go that route at the moment because of other issues that can result from it. The only reason it didn't get prescribed to him today is because it would, apparently, skew the results of the endoscopy if we decided to go that route (or something along those lines). Which my parents don't want to do, so it's kind of a moot point now so if I can't fix him up the natural way, prednisone will probably be the next step.

Renee thanks for the info... I'll have to look into that

And thanks for the vibes everyone <3

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Prayers, Vibes, Thoughts, etc. for your Jinx!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Jelly baby?

My vet's cat has lymphoma and has for several months and is doing great. She's on some sort of chemo, a steroid, and possibly b12 injections. Intestinal lymphoma in cats doesn't tend to progress very quickly, so there's a possibility she could have months or even years left to live honestly, I wouldn't be able to afford the diagnostics, either - I'd try to go ahead and treat what is most likely the cause and hope for the best.

~~~VIBES~~~ that whatever's going on, the outcome is good!

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Kotah BEAR

***VIBES*** for your kitty.

I was not much of a cat person until I got Peanut a little over 4 years ago.
When Peanut got sick a few months ago, I was so scared I had a panic attack. He just had a (what I call) Cat Cold. He was fine in about 3 days.
I can handle dogs and horses being sick, I am use to that. But Peanut is my baby and I would go completely lost if something happened to him.

So ***VIBES*** and prayers for your baby <3
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

Vibes for your little Jynx kitty. That is so rough. I hope something will help him....maybe that blood root. Crossing my fingers.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Doberluv; 03-13-2012 at 11:02 AM.