Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Let it be

Before getting pregnant it would've been at the end of this year. Now it's looking like it will be 3 years from now.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Puppy Dog

Hopefully by the fall of this year, although it may be more like early next year depending on how long it takes me to become financially stable after I graduate/when the breeder I'm looking at has a litter on the ground. I'll probably do some foster work in the meantime after I've graduated.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
mutts

I only have one dog and I couldnt imagine having more then one. Dogs are a handful!! I will get one when this one passes away but hopefully that wont be for another 15 years or more!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Professional Nerd

When Grant goes, we will be a one dog family for a long while, if not for good. So, hopefully not for at least a decade.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Top Dog

Probably not for another 4-5 years.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 AM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiyo-Fir View Post
Exactly this. It's pissing me off so much. So few places have rent that's averaging $1000 a month for a tiny studio apartment!!!! Vancouver's housing price is just stupidly ridiculous considering minimum wage is only $9/hr.

Even if I worked full time at minimum wage, I only make $1440 a month. If I spent $1000 on just rent, I won't have enough money to get food/pay insurance for the car/gas, etc. Not even mentioning I go to school and it costs me $8000 a year...

Seriously I feel like I'll be stuck here for eternity.....
I totally feel your and Xandra's pain! I am dying to move out (I love my parents but I don't want to piggyback on them forever) but its so freaking expensive here Not to mention I am a student so I owe ~$8000 a year. It all seems so far away because of the money aspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Top Dog

Probably a few more years at the earliest. And even when the time comes, it will be HARD deciding what dog to add. I want a Trav puppy, I want a puppy from Logan's sister, I want a dobe...

I'm maxed out at the moment. Two big dogs is plenty in the situation I'm in.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM
love herds

While I desperately want to get my collie now I am holding off until Radar is at least two, the last thing I want is two puppies at a time. I want him to be more mature and better trained before I toss another pup into the mix. I also want things to be a little more stable job wise before adding another one.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

Not until one or both of mine pass and maybe not even then, depending on how I feel at that time. I am currently very content with the two I have and don't want another at this time.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

Once I'm in my own place (preferably with a fenced backyard), and working full-time predictable hours with no school to worry about, I'll add an adult or puppy standard schnauzer to the household. Sooo..hopefully around May next year!!