Medical question?

• Thread starter Backward_Cinderella
  • Start date
B

Backward_Cinderella

Because its going to take them a week and a half to get me into the doctor. *sigh*

The last couple of weeks, my stomach hurts like hell every time I eat. It doesn't matter if its just a BITE of something, it hurts. It feels like I'm going to throw up and its like this clenching, crampy feeling. I don't understand it. I've tried seeing if its something SPECIFIC I'm eating, but its EVERYTHING. Yogurt, meat, vegetables, fruit, and it happens when I drink water, tea and coffee too.

Is there anything I can do to make it stop until I can see a doctor? I don't feel sick or anything until I eat. Its really weird and irritating.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
Is it more pain or more nausea? If there's a significant lean to being more nauseated, I suggest taking some dramamine. I take it when I get nausea episodes. It bothers my RLS really badly so I only take it when I really need it.

Grab

Throwing in a third vote for an ulcer.

You might try some Pepto or something similar to see if it eases symptoms until you can get in to see your doctor

Romy

Taxiderpy
Have you been taking any NSAIDS? Those are notorious for kicking an ulcer into high gear. My brother in law ended up with one, and exactly your symptoms, after tanking up on ibuprofren two days in a row.

B

Backward_Cinderella

I haven't taken any NSAIDS in a long time. Quit with Ibuprophen when I was still in service because they hand out 800 mg like its candy... When you're at the point that four 800 mg pills aren't doing anything, you give up. I probably should have given up on the stupid things before that.
I was prescribed Ibuprophen a few weeks ago when I screwed up my shoulder but its still sitting in a bottle that was never opened even AFTER I told them I had plenty in the house and to save it for someone who would actually use it. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Also, either Winnie, one of the dogs, or your butt called me tonight.

Or you have a sentient ulcer.

B

Backward_Cinderella

Zoomer, I called you but when it stopped ringing it was just dead silent... I figured you were probably still at work so I figured I'd leave you alone. Its a Scentsy question that can wait, though. No pressure. :)

B

Backward_Cinderella

Yup, same on my end. It sounded like I was holding a dead cell phone up to my ear - absolutely nothing.

Miakoda

I get an recurring stomach ulcer. The pain is right under my rib cage in the upper abdominal area. At times, it feels like there is a burning/searing pain happening. I feel full and bloated, and eating just doesn't happen. I do feel nauseaus if I eat even a half-bite too much. But usually I just lie in the fetal position wishing someone with a dull butter knife would come stop the pain.

With all the stress you've been under, my guess would be an ulcer as well.

zoe08

I have what I am pretty sure is an ulcer. I tested positive for h.pylori 18 months ago, did a round of antibiotics, but didn't feel better, took a prescription acid reducer for a year, and didnt ever go back to the dr. I still have the pain and once I got off the acid reducer it got worse again. So I started researching on my own, because I don't want them to put me on round after round of antibiotics.

I found this: Raw Manuka Honey It is has not cured it completely but it has made a difference. On the days that I take it, I don't take near as many OTC meds. I usually take the equate version of Pepcid. But since I have been taking the honey, I haven't had any of the really bad spells where it hurts so bad it kills my back too and I can barely move.

Lossalfling

Ferret Keeper
Surprisinly enough the best treatment they have out there for ulcers right now is a round of antibiotics and pepto bismal. The atibiotic kill infection and stuff and the pepto helps the pain and coats its. I would get you a nice bottle of the pink stuff and see if it helps with the pain/nausea.

Members online

No members online now.