Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Just try me..

Most of mine love to play with puppies. Dekka who is VERY not into play, and is a bit of a play police LOVES puppies and will play with them happily. Kaiden does not, he chews on them, which makes them happy it seems as they love to be chewed on by grampa Kaiden lol.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Dafuq?

I don't have extensive experience with JRTs, but the ones that come to the shop are either represented to us as not dog friendly, or they are as Dekka describes. I've never seen a JRT get rough and crazy with other dogs like, say, the Westies that come to play do. Those that like other dogs seem to be happy to hang with them and watch what the people are doing.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 03-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Top Dog

There was a JRT that lived nearby and he was one of King's big buddies. They used to play very roughly and made enough noise that people actually thought they were fighting. Molly had zero use for him, and she almost seemed to act as if he wasn't there unless contact was made. As with almost all of King's dog buddies, he's gone now, and the new JRT, a female, has no love for King at all. King has only two dog friends at all now, both of them puppies. One is a Pit Bull mix, and the other is a Lab and ?? pup who King seems to tolerate a whole lot of stuff he would never tolerate from most other dogs.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
roalnd3204

I don't NEED them to get along, I just thought it would be nicer for them. We actually got the second one just to help out the first. They do run with each other sometimes but mostly they just they do their own thing. I don't get it. They both play with other dogs.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Let it be

Not all dogs are friends and you can't really push the issue. My dog loves playing with other dogs but doesn't really enjoy having another dog live with us. He's an awful lot like me. I like people. Just not living with them.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

Same sex aggression can be an issue with the breed as others have pointed out...

My guys have always done well except when I have brought in adults from breeders, many times that was much harder..

Mindy and Di have "grumbles" now and again no different than any breed, but get along well, play together, groom each other and sleep together....

I have know a couple breeders (One Top breeder in the US whose dogs I adored but sadly is very limited in the breed anymore) who have no kennels and their dogs live together and even have had pups in the same room from two different Dam's..
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Not all dogs are friends and you can't really push the issue. My dog loves playing with other dogs but doesn't really enjoy having another dog live with us. He's an awful lot like me. I like people. Just not living with them.
Cider plays with dogs happily outside my home. She'd prefer Smudge dropped off her planet and didn't live here though.

I'm with Paige. The same way you don't adore every human you meet, neither do dogs. There is no reason to assume they want to be friends with the dogs in your home or every dog you come across in public.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I agree with Paige, too. Not all dogs are able to be manipulated into being friends like children. They don't all like each other. As long as there's not a bloodbath, I wouldn't worry or push them to play. It sounds like your dogs are communicating with each other the way they want to.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:46 PM
roalnd3204

Well the problem is solved, left my wife and her dog. Now me and my Jack are happy on our own!!