Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Watson came from his breeder with that call name and we loved it immediately so we kept it. I do not think that I will ever not like his name

Autumn the kitty came with her name from the shelter we adopted her from. I liked it so much we kept it as well.

Menchi we named ourselves and I still love the name for her

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 03-09-2012, 05:22 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I like all my dogs' names. They just...fit. And the cat's too, for that matter.

I've met one other Webster and one other Mira, though I know of a couple Miras (didn't know of any back when I named her, though both Mira I know now are older than she is...one's a Golden, one's a Sheltie...). I've never met another dog named Kim but it does tend to cause confusion with people from time to time...

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Samson's Cheeze Ladyz

I don't really like the name Samson or Sam, but he came with the name and responded to it, and since I didn't think of anything at the time to change it to it just kind of stuck. Now I've thought of other things but I'm used to calling him Sam already and it suits him so :P
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Little dog, big voice

Well, she's only a year old, but as of now, I still love Cali's name. It really suits her, I think. I have yet to meet another dog named Cali, but I've seen a few on forums.

As for Moses, he was named after the biblical Moses. I was five, and at the time, I thought he had the greatest name ever. Although now, I get some weird looks when I yell "Moses! Come here ya old man!" So maybe if I could change it, I would.. but I can't imagine him as anything but. It suits him and it's definitely unique. :P

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
My dog tickles my soul

As much as I love all my pets' names, I have fallen out of love with the name of one of my cornsnakes, Tael, just a tiny bit. Nothing wrong with the name itself, really, but he was a matched set with his sister, Tatl (RIP). So now his name just kinda reminds me that she is gone.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Lord Cynical

Kaylee - I like it for her, but I wish I would have called her Vera instead. She's not as sweet and wholesome as her namesake.

Jayne - Yep, still love his name! Only time I don't like it is when our training director intentionally calls him a SHE.

Revy - still love the name!

Tallahassee - I'm beginning to sound like a broken record... still love the name! Though I don't like how my husband pronounces it. He says "Tolla" instead of "TAlla." It's not TOLLA-hassee, moron!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm All Ears

I like my dogs' names. Summer came to me named but it is the PERFECT name for her.

Mia is common but it still just fits her. I can't imagine her being anything else. Short, feminine but not too feminine, easy to call.

The only dog I really did not like the name of was Trey.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Blue_Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
For those that don't like their dog's name... why not change it?
My family would never go for it, they'd laugh at me and then get mad if he started listening to any other name.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:20 PM
such sights to show you

Oh heck yea, I love them all. Their names all suit them perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

This thread makes me feel better about not liking Sienna's name very much.

I liked it when I named her - she came to me as "Mimi" which was too sweet and shy sounding for my taste. She was sweet and shy, so I wanted a more outgoing sounding name she could live up to! It worked, and it definitely fits her. But it's a bit too long when saying "Sienna, heel" etc., it's too much S sound, and I didn't realize when I named her but it's too similar to my name (Shannon) so I kind of feel silly saying it. Also I have to repeat it usually for people we've just met - they say "Santa? Senna?" Sigh. Nope, Sienna. Like the color. Or the actress. Or the minivan.

She didn't even know her name for the longest time, since I just called her Pup. I tried to change it but it's too hard once all my family and friends know it...and she really is a Sienna anyway. I've been making an effort to use her name more, especially since she knows it now - I left her with my parents over the holidays and they taught her her name.

The funny thing is that I've met two other Sienna's and they both look JUST like her, which is so weird since she's a pretty unusual looking dog. (Or so I thought LOL.)

I love my cat's name, Georgette. She's named after the fabric, her kitten fur was so pale and wispy she looked like she might blow away with the next breeze. She's George for short, which I think is cute for a girl and it's fun to confuse people. <evil grin> Until I got Sienna, all of the pets in my family were girls with boys' names - George, Sidney (Australian cattle dog), and cats Frankie, Mo and Sasha (don't they sound like a bunch of old timey mobsters? LOL)

My current project, becoming a nonprofit: Lost Pets of Southern California
Sienna's new blog: Reasons My Dog is Sulking