Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
love herds

I love Desotos name I think it will always be my favorite of my dogs names. I can not imagine him being anything else.
Radars name I like a lot but I could see him being several other things too. I thought about Murray, Harrison and Woodstock when I named him and I still sometimes wish I had picked one of them.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I looovveee my dog's names. The one thing I don't like is when I get looks like, "WTF Where did that name come from?" like they should be named something more "normal". I like them having unique names
Old 03-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Top Dog

I loved my Doberman's name, Lyric. It wasn't common and he was music to my ears. lol.

I am also fond of my two Chihuahua's names. Even though Jose` is not an uncommon name, it suits him...he looks like a Jose`. And Chulita is just right for my little diva. It means, in Mexican slang, "cute little chick." Or something to that effect. So, I haven't tired of their names yet and they're 10 and almost 12 years old. Oh dang! I forgot Jose`'s birthday! It was March 1st.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Top Dog

I do like Ivans name. I just wish it when people hear it, the first phrase that comes to mind is Ivan the terrible. Even though it fits at times. Ohh well.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I sometimes still wish I could have come up with something different for Payton - especially after this past weekend when the agility person I know with a Payton was around (and Louisville will be interesting because we are camping next to each other so how much "PAYTON!" will be going on, LOL...)
But it just suits him so well, I can't even imagine what else I could have named him. I tried and tried and tried LOL. So I don't think I will ever be unhappy with Payton. Besides, how can you be unhappy knowing he was named after Walter Payton...

Auggie's name is still perfect for him. The only thing I wish is that his namesake had been a better basketball player in the NBA LOL.

I would change Pepper's name if I could but I can't, so I've never even really thought about what I would change it to. I just don't really think the name suits her...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Top Dog

I absolutely adore my dogs' names. Classic fits him so freaking well... and Zuma is fun to say. Zuma's nickname is Zoom and that fits her perfectly. I can't imagine them named anything else.

My cats are name Grover and Remi. I live with Remi, husband picked that name, I'm sure I could've come up with something more creative but she was the first pet we got together so I let him choose. Grover is perfect, he sounds like Grover.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 03-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Top Dog

I didn't like the name Elsie before I named her. She was going to be Charlotte or Sawyer, but when I picked her up it was like, "Whoops, no, she's an Elsie."

And she is.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Wild At Heart

Even though Harleigh's name is pretty common (although generally spelled differently), I love it because it totally suits her.

Harleigh <3
Old 03-09-2012, 01:17 PM
love the fluff

No, I like all of ours names. Their names fit them.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Morgan's name had to grow on me, but now? I love it. It's perfect for him. To me, it's like his name contains everything that he is in one word.

When we first picked it, though, I thought, "this is a STUPID name". LOL!